Golden Powder Caseless Cartridges

Does anyone have pictures or information on the caseless handgun cartridges developed c. 1984 by Golden Powder Co., Inc. in Las Vegas, Nevada?

any more info on what caliber…what they looked like?

or is it just “paper info” you seek

(I am not sure what to look for)

Pepper, I don’t have much more information and don’t know what they looked like, but it seems that these may have been tried at least in 9 mm caliber. This was one of the early companies that developed a black powder substitute, like the well known Pyrodex currently in use. Regards, Fede.

It probably has nothing to do with this question or maker, but does anyone know precisely who actually manufactured the Smith and Wesson 9 mm Caseless cartridges? I have never seen a box label, and I just wondered if there might be some sort of tie-in between the company in question and S&W in development of that cartridge. The dates given by Fede may make the S&W round too early for that to be, but I thought I would see if anyone had more information.

John, I don’t know who made the first cartridges tested by Usel in Austria during 1965, but the 9 mm caseless cartridges experimented by S&W were made by Explo Indústrias Químicas e Explosivos S.A., Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The projectiles were made by CBC and modified by this company.

Regards,

Fede.

Fede - interesting! So, in essence, the 9 mm Smith and Wesson is not an American cartridge at all, but rather a Brazilian one, perhaps made for an American company. Has anyone ever seen a box for those rounds, or perhaps there wasn’t any and they were shipped in some sort of bulk container?

Was there ever any factory material (catalog, tech sheet, etc.) for the 9 mm Caseless for Smith and Wesson, either from them, or from the Brazialian firm that made them?

Perhaps this discussion should be on a different thread. Administrators - feel free to break my original inquiry and the follow ups of into one if it is desired. I asked my original question in conjunction with the original question of this thread in all innocence, not with intention to hijack the thread for a different purpose.