Grenade rounds

I’ve updated my web article on modern grenade rounds, here: quarry.nildram.co.uk/grenades.htm

Have you considered including information on the Honeywell 30mm that was originally sponsored by DARPA, or the French 35mm intended for the PAPOP? The 30mm grenade was flogged for 20+ years by Honeywell/ATK. First, it was going to be used in a lightweight single-shot weapon to replace the 40x46mm M203. Then, it was to be used in a multi-shot launcher attached to the M16 or Future Rifle System. Finally, it was going to be used in a stand-alone semi-automatic weapon.

I have very little data on those. Anyway, I focus on what we have now and what’s coming soon, rather than past experimentals (Otherwise I would certainly include the 70mm US rounds).

Tony,
couple of points

1. You missed the GM-94 with its 43mm ammo, which is extensively used by Russian units operating against Muslim terrorist in North Caucasus region, see world.guns.ru/grenade/gl27-e.htm
    Here’s photos of 43mm VGM-93 rounds for it

2. here’s the photo of the IMYa-31, and inert / practice version of the BMYa-31, which is used from D and DM weapons, see world.guns.ru/grenade/gl53-e.htm

Maxim, the cartridge caliber for the “D” and “DM” is actually designated as 9.1x93.

Thanks for that, Max, I had overlooked those. So far I only have data on thermobaric and less-lethal rounds in 43mm. Do you know about any others?

I have to check but at least there’s also inert / practice round