Gun Broker

I’m not sure where to file this one.

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt … =152331179

Without a doubt, some of the ugliest ammo you’ll ever see. But, at the same time, some rare cartridges. Too bad they are so over priced.

If anybody out there is looking for any of these, you’d better hurry.

This is not a joke. Those 9.3 cartridges made from 30-06 cases are genuine. There is even one made from an LC 57 MATCH case, a rare one in itself.

Ray

[quote=“RayMeketa”]
This is not a joke. Those 9.3 cartridges made from 30-06 cases are genuine. There is even one made from an LC 57 MATCH case, a rare one in itself.

Ray[/quote]

Really, if you can make 9,3 x 72R from 7,62 x 63 cases (preserving the original headstamp), you can do almost anything…

Necessity is the mother of invention. There is no limit to what a shooter can, and will, do to make ammunition for his rifle or handgun.

Ray

Ray,

I assume these are not the Sauer version? Could these be made by turning the base down or are these done with an extrusion process? They do kind of appear to be longer than an '06…Either way, that’s some “Extreme Reworking”!

Dave

Dave

I think it may have been the likes of George Nonte who made cases like that. Special dies, a heavy arbor press, and you can move brass around like it’s soft butter. The Ackley Belted Express series is another example, although not quite as extreme.

Ray