HA BUEY HON, Kuching, Sarawak. Cartridge

Does anybody know this cartridge at all?

All I know is that it was made in Great Britain by Mullerite Cartridge Co. and the obvious of where it was for “but” I can not trace the name Ha Buey Hon, I know of the water front area of Kuching but only that and no more than that.

Thanks for any help.

3 Likes

Hi Mike,
VERY NICE!!!

Sarawak is a part of malaysia!
Kuching is a city in sarawak.

regards rené

Here is a picture of mister Ha Buey Hon (1871-1947)

Many thanks, but what or should I say who is he or what did he run, do you know?

Regards,
Mike.

Edit to grammar.

Hi René,

Thanks, nice condition to, never picked up any Mullerites for Asia before?

Regards,
Mike.

here his obituary that I found on the internet
from the sarawak gazette #1069, april 1947
cheers
René

2 Likes

Hi Mike,
No never seen something like that before.

Regards René

Hi René,

Thank you for that, now I have the link and would be quite happy to say they were certainly made for him.

Thanks for the help.
Mike.

Ha Buey Hon was my great grandfather. He was an arm and ammunition dealer. Its the first time i see this cartidge. He was prominent businessman during his time.

2 Likes

Hi Gloria,
Thank you very much for the reply. Do you know if your Great grandfather had any other cartridges made for his business? I realise that the shop was in the Kuching area from the address on the cartridge, do you happen to know the address of the shop, I say shop as I am assuming it was a shop.

Regards,
Mike.

Hi Mike,
Regrettably i do not have much information on my G Grandfather’s arm and ammunition business. Actually , i am also in the midst of doing a research on him. If I am correct, the shop is a certain diistance away from Kuching…
Do you mind to show a more clearer pic
of the cartridge? May i know how do you come by it? My sincere apologies… There is so much questions on my G Grandfather i wish to connect with.
Gloria

That’s a really VERY, VERY neat shell & it certainly sounds like he was a very interesting person.