Half rifle,half bullet,half pen (and other ammo-like items)

My Navy daughter came to visit and gave me this Father’s day present. It locks, loads and even has a headstamp!!!

We need a LIKE button!! Nice pen!

I agree with Vic that is awesome.
Zac

sksvlad I have one just like it but the wood on mine is lighter. There a great pen too.

It is truly sad what we will pick up. The lovely item below in exactly 9x19mm is actually a valve stem cover-but it still goes into the collection. I have no shame!

Cheers,
Lew

PS: Vlad, I wish your pen came in something I could construe to be 9x19mm!

Lew - I have a couple of different Valve Stem Cover cartridges in my collection.
I have not seen the blue one though.

I didn’t know about them, but all of a sudden I started get a monthly delivery of a catalog from some Motorcycle supply business, and found them in there. Don’t know why I bought them, but then I have a solid silver 9 mm, a solid silver .45 and a solid copper .45 in my collection too. Cartridges" Well,…!
Don’t know why I started getting the MC catalog. I wouldn’t own, or even ride on a motorcycle on a beat and almost cut my son out of my will when he bought a dirt bike. :-(

FOR ALL YOU FOLKS WHO REALLY LIKE sksvlad’s GIFT FROM HIS DAUGHTER - JUST GOOGLE BULLET PENS AND LOOK AROUND UNTIL YOU FIND ONE YOU LIKE. THE PRICES RANGE FROM AROUND $20.00 TO $200.00. THEY ALSO MAKE AN APPEARANCE IN SOME OF THE MEN’S CLOTHING CATALOGS AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME EVERY YEAR. NICE PEN VLAD - YOUR DAUGHTER OBVIOUSLY THINKS VERY HIGHLY OF YOU!

Do we want to add other pen variation photos?

I have at least 10 (4+ are .50 cal)

and given quite a few away

[quote=“JohnMoss”]
Don’t know why I started getting the MC catalog[/quote]
Another company probably sold your mailing address on. For a while my parents both got mail advertising golf promotions, despite never having been even slightly interested in golf.

Pepper has a good idea…let’s see a few more…they make a collecting specialty all by themselves and go back a long way.
Here is a .30-40 Krag “Bullet Pencil” from the World War 1 era…Headstamp is F A 3 07
The bullet jacket appears to be one of the Cal. 30 types that were sold empty to be used as arrow tips…
The little ring soldered into the primer indicates it was made to be worn as a pendant, I would think…

Randy

I agree we should show more of these. Very nice piece Randy.
Zac

I HAVE TO AGREE - WE NEED TO SEE MORE OF THESE ITEMS. WINCHESTER STORES MFG. ONE LIKE RANDY’S USING A 303 BRITISH CASE. OUR FRIENDS ACROSS THE BIG POND SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHOW MANY VARIETIES USING THE .303 BRITISH CASE - THEY SEEMED TO HAVE MADE THEM TO CELEBRATE OR MEMORIALIZE; THE WAR, BATTLES, COMARADES KILLED IN ACTION,THE OPENING OF SHOOTING RANGES, RIFLE MATCHES, ETC. IN ADDITION TO HAVING PENCIL STUBS SHOVED INTO THE BULLET JACKET MANY WERE MADE WITH A SMALL PEN KNIFE BLADE SOLDERED INTO THE BULLET JACKET. THE QUALITY OF WORKMANSHIP VARIES CONSIDERABLY - BUT, SINCE THEY ARE OLD, ALL SEEM TO BE COLLECTABLE.

Here’s the pen I have same make as sksvlad’s and something a little different “Take A Shot” shot glasses

In the same vein as tracker’s “Take a Shot”, here’s a “Big Shot”, next to a 50 BMG cigarette lighter. Not a shot glass but, rather, a cigarette case. A very clever interior design. When the “bullet” is removed, a spring loaded platform rises up, carrying the cigarettes with it for easy access. (Sorry, I don’t have a photo of the inside)

Ray

RayMeketa. That’s cool man.