Headstamp drawing request & how to do it

I am still putting together an article for the journal about the “coyote getter” cartridges mentioned in a couple of topics on the forum.
I would like to include a drawing of a particular headstamp but cant seem to get a digital version right and would like a version much better than any hand drawn one I could do. Would someone with the right computer program be willing to produce this for me? Just a simple black and white reproduction - 2 circles (rim and primer pocket) and arial type font in capitals. Just like this example

Details are:

U @ 12:00, S @ 3:00, S @ 6:00, and U @ 9:00

Hard to see pic of headstamp.

Thankyou

Any good ?

That is the exact style I was hoping for and it looks pretty close except the S at the bottom seems to be upside down and not quite at the 6 oclock position. The example pic shows the headstamp a bit rotated which makes that S look offline a little but it should be in the 6 position.
Thanks for your effort so far.

Here is a typical B&W style:

How is this:

I reproduced the original to the exact scale, just larger. and then used same font sizes, etc for the new one:

Here, you can download it at WMF format :
http://michel.romieu1.perso.sfr.fr/UUSS.wmf

It can be resized without deformation

Thanks for all of those!
What programs did you all use? A photoshop type editing program or something like CartWin?
I am sure there is an easy way to do it with photoshop but I cant seem to get perfect circles of the right size. I might just save a blank one that only needs the text added - I know how to do that.

[quote=“alpinehunter”]Thanks for all of those!
What programs did you all use? A photoshop type editing program or something like CartWin?[/quote]
I do all of my photo editing with a relatively archaic photo editor called PhotoImpact 4. It dates from the late 90’s and has always done everything I need.

alpine,

I used photoshop.

Here is a hint that makes making circles super easy. (This same tip is what I use to “cut out” headstamps such as seen here: http://www.freemycollection.com/?page=list_pinfire&size=15mm)

You can see the video and each step I click better, if you click the video again after it starts playing and watch it full screen on youtube’s site

Guide Lines. (you drag them from the rulers)
[youtube]_AGPO22ERrw[/youtube]

Now, making the exact replica of the other file headstamp was a little more complicated, but same principle.
(Make a big circle, and have the second circle set to subtract from the bigger circle:)
[youtube]co2WAQDeaaQ[/youtube]

Here is the PSD for photoshop of the centerfire circles if you want it too:

dl.dropbox.com/u/21750404/center … dstamp.psd

And again, a short video showing the use of guide layers to line up the text in the headstamp:

[youtube]NUVvRls4_7s[/youtube]

With a little experience, Microsoft Paint (which is a standard program that comes with most PCs) is simple, versatile, and capable, within some limitations, of doing many useful things of a design nature - plus it’s free and superior to etch-a- sketch.

Sometimes you just have to learn to use what you have available. and that’s how I came to start using Paint. I have used it for drawing some fairly elaborate engineering sketches and illustrations when nothing else was available. It’s certainly not to be confused with AutoCAD, but I have been using Paint for long enough to have achieved a feel for it that an inexperienced user may not develop for some time.

Thankyou very much for those videos Aaron - I will have to watch them later but I am sure they will help. Looks to be a different version of photoshop but the ideas should be the same. The file is perfect as a template.
Maverick - you even got the relative size of the primer pocket right! I had trouble with the file type but will have another go.

I have Photoshop CS and another simpler program that came free with a printer that is handy for simple work. I use both depending on the job at hand but am nowhere near fully proficient with Photoshop yet.

OK ?

Yes that is right.
Now I have to choose between about 6 different versions!!

Thanks everyone.