Headstamp ID

12 GA Red Paper case
Headstamp Standard * No 12 *
Who, when and Where ?

Regrads Ren

The headstamp “STANDARD * 16 *”, one very similar to what you have asked about, was registered as trademark no. 5034, 21 March 1895, to the firm “La Cartoucherie Belge,” according to the publication "Marques de Fabrique et du Commerce, Bruxelles, D

Hi john !

1. The headstamp “STANDARD * 16 *”, one very similar to what you have asked about, was registered as trademark no. 5034, 21 March 1895, to the firm “La Cartoucherie Belge,” according to the publication "Marques de Fabrique et du Commerce, Bruxelles, D

J-P - I am not sure either. I made the assumption based on the headstamp drawings in the trade mark assignments. Just trying to help. One can consider the identification or not. The formats are very similar, but not exact, for sure. I know people think every mark on a headstamp has some special meaning - they don’t, of course - and everybody and their brothers use two stars on their headstamps in Europe and have for a long time, so I know the format is not definitive. Again, no one else offered any identity, so I was just trying to give Rene a starting place.

I found no other documentation for any headstamp similar, by the way, but then, shotgun literature isn’t exactly the strong part of my library, since i have zero personal interest in shotgun shells except the ones I shoot up at Cowboy shoots.

Hi John.

Thanks for the info, as you say, it might not be completly correct but it can be good aswell. It gives me a lead to search further
Regards ren

Hi John !
You said :
The headstamp “STANDARD * 16 *”, one very similar to what you have asked about, was registered as trademark no. 5034, 21 March 1895, to the firm “La Cartoucherie Belge,” according to the publication "Marques de Fabrique et du Commerce, Bruxelles, D