Headstamp question 32 s&w kl

I found several of these rounds in an unmarked box and I have not seen this headstamp before. I looked in the H. P. White book and it is listed as unknown has anyone figured out where it was made? I could also use a good headstamp guide what is the best.

I think that it’s Kynoch.

I have never seen “KL” used by Kynoch. One finds “GK” and “GKB” on some early cases such as .577/.450 but not “KL”.

Apart from the “K”, do you have any other evidence that makes you think it is Kynoch?

Regards
TonyE

No, but I think I have seen similar hst in rifle caliber and they was Kynoch loads for some other country, maybe France, I’m not sure.

Tony E. - Regenstreif in Volume I of his headstamp book, records an 11 x 59R Gras Model 1874 cartridge
with KL at the 12 o’clock position and B at the 6 O’Clock position as being Kynoch Ltd. Birmingham. However, he also shows right above that, the .32 S&W headstamp in questions, and lists it as and unidentified code. Above that, although for some reason the headstamp drawing is blank, he shows in text another KL headstamp and identifies it as Societe Kruppstahl, of Duisburg, identifying the company of origin as Federal Republic of Germany/France. Looking at the picture of the cartridge in question on this thread of the Forum, I would think, though, that it is a pre-WWII cartridge and therefore not possibly from the Bundesrepublik Deutschland.

No help, I know, just food for thought.

The curvature into the primer pocket recess doesn’t look typically Kynoch does it? It does make it look quite early though

THANK YOU FOR THE POSTS I HAVE A BAKERS DOZEN OF THESE IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE ONE I WILL SEND IT ALONG JUST PM ME WITH AN ADDRESS.