Headstamp questions from a newbie

I recently purchased a bag of old .45 caliber pistol rounds. Most I’ve been able to identify the time period. However, I’ve a couple that are puzzling.

1. REM-UMC 45 ACP
    I know that this is a Remington Arms cartridge for the .45 caliber automatic pistol. However, I was wondering how old a .45 round with this stamp would be. Does anyone know if there was a certain period of time this was used or if it was used for civilian or military?

2. S & B (looks like a bomb) 45 AUTO
    This is supposed to be Sellier & Bellot, Czechoslovakia. Given I cannot imagine Cold War-era Czechoslovakia making US ammunition, I’m thinking that this is either pre-WWII or (unlikely given the aged look of the round) post-1991. Does anyone know for certain?

Thanks.

Hello, Capt…UMC (Union Metallic Cartridge Co, Bridgeport, Conn) and Remington Arms Company (Ilion NY) were under same ownership for many years and were merged as the Remington Arms-Union Metallic Cartridge Co. on Feb 1, 1911. At about that time is when the REM-UMC headstamps began to appear, and lasted until 1960 or so. With more info, such as bullet jacket material, primer (is it copper, nickeled brass, etc., the time frame of manufacture could be nailed down more closely…Randy

I am a visual animal. I looked at MUNICION.ORG, under “fuego central”, “45 ACP” it says “Czech Republic”. It means post-Berlin wall to me.

With a bomb-like insignia at the (roughly) 2:00 position on the headstamp, your S & B cartridge is quite current, probably made in the last five years or so. The little bomb, by the way, acrtually represents and arrow pointing at a clean rifle bore - S & B’s trademark for their Neroxin (non-corrosive) primer.
They are made in the Czech Republic, although there were some imports of S&B ammo while the country was still Czechoslovakia.

Regarding your REM-UMC headstamped .45, Randy is absolutely right - more information is need to properly identify the basic era of your cartridge.

SELLIER & BELLOT replaced the “SBP” hs and adopted the “S&B” hs on sporting ammunition in mid 1983. They continued to use the “neroxin” symbol originally in pairs but more recently in different numbers and orientations as a code - a date code I think.

Thanks for all the input. I was hoping for pre-WWII, but I can’t complain. I got quite a few nice WWII cartridges from the bag in which I got the S&B one.

Thanks again.