Hello, can you help my ID these rounds?

First and foremost I’m new to the forum so please forgive me if I have posted this to the wrong section.

I was recently at a gun show and purchased two 50 bmg rounds. I do not own a gun that can fire them but I thought they were an interesting thing to buy and collect, a conversation round really. Anyway the seller was a bit of an odd fellow and said some things I don’t necessarily believe, but it’s not my place to call him out. The rounds have a colour tip that I have, so far, been unable to identify. They are (in descending order); blue red and black. Not something I’ve personally ever heard of. Now the seller claims they are APIT rounds from Israel, really all I want to know is what story to tell when I show people the ammo. I didn’t pay so much to be mad, they just go from being awesome to bring humorous. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

I think the armor piercing, incendiary tracer part is right. I imagine most people will want a pic of the headstamp as well.

Guessing he’s correct and it’s a Israeli API-T, headstamp will confirm…TZZ or TZ and date?

Tony

Welcome to the IAA Forum! Tom from Minnesota

Yes it’s Israeli, earlier headstamp in Hebrew.

Tony

Well I’m glad to see everyone is in agreement, is there a good online resource where I can find more information on these rounds?

Try to get hold of the guide on .50 headstamps and loads by Ron Fuchs. It is a free digital database.
An invaluable tool and unfortunately discontinued.

IMI uses NATO color codes now, but for specs and such

http://www.imisystems.com/whatwedocat/small-caliber-ammunition/#main-form