Help for translate unknown ammo marking

I have a photo from 82 mm cartridge.
I know it has two model( HE and HEAT)
But the marking that stamped on ammo is unknown and i cant translate to find ( HE or HEAT)
Please help me to translate.
I think it is korea language

I’ll get a translation on Monday, if nobody can.

Thanks alot

Yaserdoma, could you show us all the other markings on this round?
In particular the fuze markings and also the propellant markings?

I have just this photo20180610_193309

Unfortunatly I have not any source for translating korea ammo marking

I know that :
BK-881 = HEAT
O-881A =HE-FRAG
881 code number = 82 mm

Too bad they did not take all markings!

Actually nothing to translate here as the markings do represent the Russian markings, just in Korean.
The top is the identifyier for the explosive that is used which is TD-42 = TNT/Dinitronapthalene (42/58).
And the lower is the “0-881” giving the projectile index. So the character in front of the 881 (denoting the caliber and weapon system) is the Korean term or abbreviation for “HE-Frag”.

The number above the probellant charge is the lot number out of 1966 made by factory #39.

Thanks EOD
I don’t know how to thank you!
You always gave me good information.
Your information is very important for me.

But I have a question.
In photo, there are Two Digit KOREA letters before “881”.
But in “O-881” there is just one letter( just O).
Korean Two letters before 881 in photo means “O” in english?

Yaserdoma, the Koreans do not use letters but Characters. These are rather complicated when describing technical things as a symbol is to be used to explain a whole subject (more or less).

Besides this it also depends much on terminology in one language as even from English to German it would not mean that one letter will exactly transfer into a nother 1 by 1.

So here we have a the possibilities exponentiated.

According to my translator, the writing in front of 42 is a sound DDeuh J; and the writing in front of 881 is a sound Pah, both have no meaning to her. They must be coded abbreviations.

Vlad, actually it is no wonder at all that these markings have no meaning to a “normal” Korean speaker.
Characters in specialized terminology are almost unknown to people outside of the field the charachters are used for.
Means when one like in China (or Korea) is studying chemistry he has to learn all characters for the subject as before that they will be unknown to him.
With characters it is not like with letters where one at least can fully read a word (though not understanding).
So when your contact is not specialized in military terminology (or even in particular ammo) in Korean language he/she will not be able to read (understand) the characters in question.

Moin Alex, bin nicht sicher ob ich dich verstanden habe. Die koreanische Schrift besteht im Unterschied zur chinesischen sehr wohl aus Buchstaben, die chinesische nur aus Silben beziehungsweise Wörtern. Darum könnten die Koreaner M1A3 beispielsweise, es sähe halt anders als bei uns aus.

Moin Hans, haben die dann also Buchstaben? Dann ist es mein Fehler!

Selbst wenn nicht wären deren Abkürzungen dann ja nicht eine 1:1 Übersetzung aus dem Russischen.
Der Kollege war ja verwundert ob das “O” (im russischen für “Splitter”) sich in koreanisch mit mehr Zeichen übersetzt.
Also zu viele Faktoren bei Übersetzung, Schreibweise und Eigenheiten bei Mun-Kennzeichnung als das man dann meint ein russischer Buchstabe = 1 koreanischer Buchstabe.

Public audience, sorry! This originally was meant to be a PM conversation.

EOD, the Korean script is composed of elements with the nature of our letters. But to form words or syllables they are combined in a way which for us looks like complicated characters similar to the Chinese. So for them it it possible to write K-98, no need to Kar-98

Hans