Help ID 12.7x99 50 CAL round

Projectile is white plastic with copper disk on tip, and some sort of metal inside the plastic. It doesn’t appear that the copper disk on top connects to anything inside, but I’m not sure.

mine is more of a light green plastic, but here are my notes. My sample is identical to that illustrated. Not sure if Ron’s work has anything on it.

EXPERIMENTAL PENETRATION TEST SSB PROJECT FOR HELO GUN BARREL, GREEN PLASTIC BULLET WITH STEEL CORE, BRASS PRIMER, PURPLE SEALANT, 3-STAB CRIMP

From Ron’s reference:

S L 4 Shortened Salvo-Squeeze Bore copper blt w/plastic sabot nv 3s b/cl 2696
For helicopter gun w/salvo-squeeze bore barrel, 4.510” ol, only one projectile

S L 4 Shortened Salvo-Squeeze Bore steel blt w/plastic sabot none 3s b/pu pc07
For helicopter gun w/salvo-squeeze bore barrel, 4.431” ol, only one projectile

Thanks @50m2hb

Any idea if the middle cartridge in this picture is legit or just pushed in? It came with the one on the left, in a tube to protect it so I took it to be unique.

could be legit. don’t know. appears to be the same as the one on the right, but the top cone cut off.

jestertoo

May 18

Thanks @50m2hb

Any idea if the middle cartridge in this picture is legit or just pushed in? It came with the one on the left, in a tube to protect it so I took it to be unique.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Sent: May 17, 2018 11:18 PM

To: 50cal@sprintmail.com

Subject: [International Ammunition Association Web Forum] [General Ammunition Discussion] Help ID 12.7x99 50 CAL round

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U. S. C., Sections 2510-2521, and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, copying, forwarding, or distribution is prohibited without the sender's permission. If you are not the intended recipient contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.