Help ID German 7.92x57mm Blank

I have several of these blanks all with different headstamps and cannot make an ID. The blanks have natural wood bullets with live primers and powder in the cartridge. I don’t know if these are exercise blanks or grenade blanks. There is an overstamp of a circle on the headstamp which I assume means the case was reloaded. Please see below photos.

Can any of the experts ID this blank, its purpose, and when they were used? Were they made and used by Nazi Germany or were they used after WWII?

Thanks for any information.

Heavyiron

Big SWAG here, but I am thinking possible post war reloads? I know typically blatzpatrone had knurled rings on the cases to show how many times they’ve been reloaded, once they’ve been re-used twice I believe they were discarded…

Possibly a grenade blank…but I am not sure.

I don’t recall the “O” overstamp, but I could be very mistaken…I don’t have my copy of Kent here at work…

Your cartridge is a Danish blank (Los Patron M.1947) and the circle overstamp indicates a ‘reload’. Cases with any headstamp were used and German, British and Czech headtsamps can be encountered.

Jim and pzjgr,

Thanks for the information. No wonder. I never would have been able to figure that one out.

Thank you both very much.

Heavyiron

The text on this page:
vaabenhistoriskselskab.dk/ar … ditid1=170
mentions the reloading circle stamp (which is consistent with reloading done at Dansk Ammunitionsfabrik Otterup) Though Torben the editor does not have picture of a cartridge, only a box. (picture borrowed from the box’ american owner)
I think Torben might get in touch soon :-)
Soren

These blanks, discussed several times before on the old Forum, were very, very common in the United States. I have them with, counting lots and dates, over 400 headstamps, the most interesting to me being an unheadstamped round which has only the Danisch “circle” reloading marking, making it a pure Danish headstamp!

There are Dummy rounds also, with rings around the case, using the same wood bullet. However, for some reason, they are not found in the wide variety of headstamps as are the blanks, being mostly in British cases from WWII. They are found occasionally in German steel cases, though, which the blanks are not.

John Moss