Help ID some 75 mm cases and projectiles

The following are cases, some with projectiles that have come my way. I don’t know if they are original or have been cut down by some moron. Also I don’t know if the projectiles are original to the cases.
Any help is appreciated.

1. Rim dia. 88mm, height 149mm.

1. Rim dia. 88mm, height 180mm.

1. Rim dia. 90mm, height 211/212mm.

1. Rim dia. 90mm, height 272mm±

What is the caliber of that red shell?

The red shell has a body dia. of 74.6mm and with the driving band 77.9mm.

The Ammunition Data Tables on my website should give you some clues.

Tony, according to your website then, number one and two are shells that have been cut down, and therefore scrap metal now.
Number three

Sorry, I don’t have any more information about the rounds than is on my website. That is limited to case measurements, not projectiles.

That Argentine headstamp is not scrap metal in any length. VERY RARE. The red shell following it looks like a variation of the 2.95 inch mountain gun shell. Are there any more marks on the fuze or proj.?

Don’t take as fact ANYTHING which you see on ANY web site. They are ALL full of errors. Wait untill you see identification in a period manual or other official publication before accepting an identification. Artillery ammo is a specialized field and EARLY artillery ammo the more so- South American artillery ammo is virtually unidentified in many cases. YOU MAY BE THE EXPERT ! After 50 years of collecting ARTILLERY ammo and having a LARGE historical tech/intel library I still have unidentified shells.

Well thanks CSA that’s very comforting. Do you know who manufactured the case with the argentinean headstamp?
The markings on the red/bordeaux shell are those on the base, and if you look closer you will see the same simbol that looks like the german eszet, on the body below the driving band on the picture posted. My eyes could not find any other in any part of the fuze or body.

Did you have an arsenal at BA in that year ?

CSA, we should have… we had the 7,65x54 Mauser with the AG headstamp Arsenal de Guerra and the APG headstamp Arsenal Principal de Guerra, but they were not manufactured in Argentina, at least so we suppose. The first small arms ammunition factory was inaugurated in 1936, but I cannot say about artillery, but I would highly doubt it.

If this is a contract case - good luck determining the maker. I don’t understand why they would go to the cost and extent of making this huge headstamp identification of the Principle Arsenal of BA when they wasn’t one- Who would care ?
Usually these elaborate headstamps made under contract in Europe in different languages identify the European maker in the local language NOT a ficticious local arsenal which doesn’t exist. These could have been made on contract to be LOADED at the principle arsenal in BA. You are certainly in the best place to answer that question.

Finding ammunition in a country tells you very little to nothing about where it was made or for whom. In addition trying to link projectiles to Navy guns may not be successful as the military at the time had guns for the following missions many of which were different; 1) Navy-large and small boat, 2)Coast defense-large and small caliber,infantry, Artillery units-large and small, cavalry and mountain. In addition there were many local and regional units which could be armed with contract or suplus arms from any country-seldome with first line weapons as used in the standing military. So- determining what projectile goes to which gun is far more difficult than just finding out which guns were of record in use at any one time.

I am trying to get the artillery ammo collectors to come on line more seriously but not too much luck yet. They will come.