Help identifying these rounds

First is the 3 on the left, 2 are marked Western 30 USA, and one of them is marked F 3 99. The other one came in the box pictured, there are 3 rounds and 3 stripper clips in the box. The bullets are marked SMI 939. Im just curious what these bullets are exactly. thanks

.30-40 USA (Springfield Krag) on the left and 7.35 Italian Carcano on the right. The .30-40 marked F 3 99 was made at the Frankford Arsenal in March of 1899.

The first 3 are 30-40 krags. As noted 2 of them are Western commercial rounds the other is government issue 30-40 from Frankford arsenal built March 1899.

What do the stripper clips look like, any chance of pics of those (Front and Back)

About the 7,35 mm Carcano and its variations

worldwar.it/sito/munizioni/i … 51-carcano

As far I can see in the picture above,the stripper clips in the box are standard Carcano steel clips

The packet held 18 rounds and the standard 6-round carcano clip was used for both 6.5 and 7.35mm. This is not really a “stripper clip” which I relate to a charger. If the rounds are stripped out of the clip into the gun then it is a stripper clip or charger, if it is an en-bloc clip which goes into the magazine and becomes a functional part of the gun mechanism then it is a clip, not a stripper clip or a charger.

Sorry if I am being pedantic.

gravelbelly

You are absolutely not being pedantic, Dave!

After all, one has to maintain standards.

Cheers
TonyE

A2

Give us a full frontal shot of the headstamps on the two “commercial” cartridges. I think they may be something other than a plain vanilla commercial 30-40.

Ray

Here is a picture of the Clips and the headstamp of the commercial 30-40. I also added a picture of some shotgun shellr, I was curious if they are military related?

The clips are standard Carcano steel ones that can be used with the 6,5 x 52 or with the 7,35 x 51 cartridges