Help to Identify cartridge found in Albania - B.P.Цетиње

Please help me Identify this cartridge that I found in a hilltop castle in Albania. It’s definitely old but is only a partial cartridge, may have been hit by a lawnmower or something a long time ago. Anyway I’m just curious as to it’s background and normal google searches either for the original Cyrillic on the headstamp or the translation as provided by a friend turn up nothing.

The headstamp reads B.P.Цетиње at the 12 O’clock position which I am told translates to B.P.CETINJE and it has 1906 at the 6 O’clock position.

I know little to nothing about amunition but have learnt alot in the last 2-3hrs, so sorry if any of the terminology is incorrect.

From what I have learnt it is a rimless style cartridge usually associated with the 7.62mm amunition I can’t measure the casing as it is only a partial stub.

I will try to add a photo of the headstamp if my new account will allow…

Any help is appreciated, I am just curious about the history of if, the fact my searching turned up nothing peaked my curiosity more.

Cheers
Blair

Interesting piece of additional info Shkoder Castle also know as Rozafa castle where I found the partial casing was the scene of the the siege of Shkodra by the Montenegrins in 1912. Maybe this shell is from the fighting that took place at that time?

The fact the Cryllic translates to the name of a Montenegrin town possibly lends itself to this fact…

Cheers
Blair

Can you show a side view of the case?

Following with interest.

Definitely a RIMMED case, with a Mauser “A” base. Also, pretty confident it is not part of ant 7.62mm cartridge.

a similar one was discussed here:

and on some other threads…
just type in the search field the name Cetinje

PP

This cartridge case is likely that of a Serbian 10.15 x 63mmR Mauser, adopted in the late 1870s and, as shown here, still in production in 1906. It’s quite uncommon, and even in this partial form an interesting historical object. Jack

Peter’s post is exactly what I was thinking.

Thanks for the info so far, the linked post looks pretty identical here’s the side view as requested. Because I’m a new account I can only post one picture.

As you can see there’s not much left, I dont think its a failed cartridge as there is a slight inward dent at the base of the break. But based on the info provided above, I’m more certain it’s a relic from the Battle of Shkodra, kinda cool as a souvenir of our visit.

My mistake in searching was not looking for a Cyrillic translation for the B and P in the headstamp, of course in hindsight it wouldnt be partially Cryillic.

“B.P. ETC is, when transliterated from Cyrillic to Roman,
V.R. CETINJE” V standing for Voinni ( War or Military)
And “R” for Reparazie (sp) Repair Depot.

So it was made in a smaller plant in a general Army Ordnance plant dealing with repair etc of Artillery Small arms and loading ammo cases made there or contracted in from Germany or Austria. Very common practice in Europe during 1800s, once cartridge breechloaders introduced.

As mentioned above,most probably is the remains of 10.15 x 60 R Serbian Mauser-Milovanovich M1878
Cartridge. A nice military archeological find, but true historical context is unclear…given the long history of wars, skirmishes, banditry etc in the area from time immemorial up to the 1950s…and the again in the 1990s!!!.

Nice find.
Doc AV