Help with US headstamps for European Sporting

I have images of the headstamps of most European Sporting produced by US/Canadian companies but there are still a few that I have not been able to get.

If anyone can help with images of any of the following hs, I would be extremely grateful:

PETERS 6.5 M/M
PETERS 8 m/m ( I already have “PETERS 8m/m MAUSER” & “PETERS 8m/m MAN.SCH.”)

WINCHESTER 8x57JS
WINCHESTER 9.3X62 (Note large “X” I already have small “x”)

U.M.C. 9 M/M (on 9x57 Mauser or 9x56 MS - Note not “U M C 9 M/M” ie without dots)

SUPER SPEED 8 M/M ( I already have “SUPER SPEED 8 M-M” & “SUPER SPEED 8m/m MAUSER”

REM-UMC 7.62mm (on 7.62x39 - according to Tillinghast ?)
REM-UMC 792 m/m (note small “m/m” I already have “REM-UMC 792 M/M” )

The following calibers were listed on the NOSLER website (but they may have used other cases ??)
NOSLER 7x57
NOSLER 8x57JS
NOSLER 9.3x62
NOSLER 9.3x74R

HORNADY 7x57
HORNADY 7.65x53 (or similar syntax)
HORNADY 5.45x39 (already have “HMC”)

DOMINION 6.5X55 (small Font)

BROWNING 7X57
BROWNING 7x65R

Hi Brad,

I only have this one and don’t know if it’s large or small. Large if I had to guess.

IMG_6128

Regards,
Paul

Brad,
Here are a few:
HS PETERS 6 5 M M001
HS PETERS 8 M M001
HS NOSLER 8mm001

I do not know how to crop using a circle, enlightenment in this area would be appreciated.

I avidly collect 7.65 x 53 and have only seen FRONTIER and GRAF, never HORNADY.

Do you have the SPEER 7mm and 8mm ?

Randy

I overlooked this one first time around.
Proof cartridge

HS SUPER SPEED 8 M M001

Randy

hello
it strange that some companies employ only the “diameter” as part of the headstamp
ex:rounds headstamped “6.5mm” but what the right 6.5 ,6.5x52 ,6.5x53,6.5x54… ???

Randy,
Do you have a copy of Photoshop? Bit fiddly but works OK to crop in circles and leave a plain background.
John

Hi Brad,

Two more Nosler headstamps:

Nosler 7x57

Nosler 9,3x62

Regards,

Fede

I believe when it comes to headstamps that have only caliber and not case length is due to the fact that, for example, when Peters made the 6.5 x 54 MS, it was the only 6.5 mm cartridge being made in the US at the time. It could not be confused with anything else.

Randy

Thanks everybody - these are great !

Paul, re 6.5x55, that is the same one I have - there is supposed to be one in a smaller font. Thanks for doing this.

Randy - many thanks. The SPEER I have in 7 & 8mm are “SPEER 7mm MAUSER” & “SPEER 8mm MAUSER” both supposed to be produced by CIL for Speer. Do you know of others ?

Fede - excellent thank you.

Maybe this one? Bunter looks slightly different.

DOMINION 6,5x55

I found an online tool that does it easily but only makes PNG images.

circle-cropped
6.5 HS
HS 8 MM
HS SS 8 MM

Brad, those are the two I have and I know of no others.

Randy

for 30army ,thank for your response

Never heard about a “HORNADY 7.65x53” headstamp either. Factory ammo is found with FRONTIER, GRAF and PPU headstamps.

Three variation of the Hornady 7x57 headstamp:

Hor-7

Hor7

hor275

Yes Fede - that looks like it ! Slightly smaller font and “x” and uses a dot instead of a comma.

Thanks also for the “Hornady” variations.

Thanks also to Randy for the extra info and tidier images.

Can you post the link please?

https://crop-circle.imageonline.co/

1 Like

Thanks for the download Randy.
Looks interesting and easy to use.
Cheers
John

Here’s another that I am after - does anyone have a full hs image of the following:

“R-P” I guess?

Correct Alex