Hessisch Oldendorf: Change of Location Required

I received an email for Uta Lompe that the location of the meeting had to be changed from the usual place:

Quote of her English translation:
On 04/09/2015 I have learned that there is a new tenant for the Baxmann center. I then added immediately to the new tenant contact. The rent which the tenant was required 8x so high, so we had originally expected.
After many phone calls with the new tenant, the city Hessisch Oldendorf and the local press, I learned today that there is another hall in Hessisch Oldendorf in the industrial area for events.

After a visit and a conversation I rented the hall for our event.
Although the rent is also higher than calculated, but it lacks only € 2,500.00.
The costs should, after consultation with Rudi seed, will be allocated to all registered members. Thus, in the Registration 10.00 € will be collected.
The new venue is the Palace Gjyveri in Fabrikstrasse 41, next Bessmann Fashion Outlet.
More information in the local press dewezet.de
Please send this information even further.
Until 09.23.2015 in Hessisch Oldendorf Best regards Uta
Unquote

10 Euros extra … that’s half my budget for buying stuff at the meeting !

What is a bit alarming is that many will already have incurred travel and accommodation costs to attend a meeting that might not have happened. It’s not as if the 2015 International meeting wasn’t known about well in advance, I’ve been looking forward to it since 2013.

Peter

The new location is in the industrial area of the Hessisch Oldendorf, just south of the railway station. Just over a kilometer from the previous location

The hall is called the Palast Gjyveri (literally translating as Palace Gjyveri).

Congratulations to Uta for being able to find another location so quickly, in the same town.

[quote=“enfield56”]10 Euros extra … that’s half my budget for buying stuff at the meeting !

What is a bit alarming is that many will already have incurred travel and accommodation costs to attend a meeting that might not have happened. It’s not as if the 2015 International meeting wasn’t known about well in advance, I’ve been looking forward to it since 2013.

Peter[/quote]

Peter, the club had the contract settled long ago (as with all meetings). What happened is that the city administration issued a contract to a new manager of the hall - the one who is doing the business then on his own behalf - the one we do contracts with then.
All this happened 2 weeks before our show. Then the new manager tried to rip us off as he wanted 8 (eight) times the agreed rent!
Hence things had to change - unless you wanted to pay 500 Euro entrance fee per individual.
My highest respect to Uta for managing this situ!

Well Done Uta!!!

Lew

Fassen wir uns kurz:€10 extra or nothing at all…I do not doubt!

so a tenner extra!..so be it…It may be 2 pints less to drink over 4 days = 1/2pint per day! with the travel …but still get to go to the show!.. or could leave the girlfriend behind and save on her travel cost. Then I would be in pocket by over 160 euro…now lets see which it will be.

paul

Gents be aware, the new location is just next to a factory outlet centre.
Make sure you bring enough cash or a spare credit card when you come with your spouse… :)

well thats now going to cost more than a tenner!..paul