High road stimulus package initiative

Some vocal personalities think that WE have not done enough for cartridge collecting in our many years of promoting the effort which have included donating ammunition specimens and reference materials to MANY bomb squads , police and fire departments , EOD units , military units in need of training materials on their way to war , museums , libraries , combat veterans , youths and just plain collectors .

Continuing on paving the HIGH ROAD of

real use efforts

in support of the STUDY of ammunition ,
and the encouragment there of ,
the following is offered as a

CRITTENDEN SCHMITT ARCHIVES STIMULUS PACKAGE

to the declining youth involvement in the field.

500 assorted collector cartridges - all different - delivered free of charge to the youth under 21 years of age who writes the best essay on the topic ; " Why the study and collecting of ammunition is important".

SUBMISSIONS WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE EDITOR OF THE IAA JOURNAL FOR CONSIDERATION FOR PUBLICATION.

Anyone under the age of 18 will be required to provide proof of parental permission to participate and the collection will be officially delivered to the parent for safe keeping .

Entries will be received by

CRITTENDEN SCHMITT ARCHIVES
PO BOX 4002
COLESVILLE MD 20914.

COMPETITION ENDS 31 DECEMBER.

IN ADDITION : a one year membership in the collectors club of choice will be provided. A LIST OF THE VARIOUS CLUBS WORLDWIDE IS AVAILABLE.

FOREIGN DELIVERIES WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. THERE ARE U.S. AGENTS WHO HANDLE SUCH SHIPS WORLDWIDE. WE DO NOT. WE WILL PROVIDE DELIVERY TO A U.S. AGENT OF YOUR CHOICE.

THE YOUTH OF THE WORLD ARE INVITED FROM ANY COUNTRY WHERE AMMUNITION IS LEGAL FOR PERSONAL POSSESSION.

WE CHALLENGE OTHER SERIOUS COLLECTORS TO MATCH THIS STIMULUS PACKAGE INITIATIVE.

WOW!
That is really nice of you, or should I say, “Stimulating”. I would imagine this offer will make a new younger collector very happy and really accelerate a new collectors collection. I look forward to reading the winners essay.

Great idea on many levels and very generous of you.

Jason

THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS. PROMOTING SAFETY THROUGH KNOWLEDGE HAS BEEN MY PRIMARY INTEREST FOR MANY YEARS.

My published article “Common ammunition-uncommon danger” continues to be avaible without charge to anyone interested who sends a self addressed stamped envelope to CSA PO BOX 4002 Colesville Md 20914.

Our publication “Cartridge collectors notebook” written by Charlie Yust is also available without charge upon request to young folks interested in the subject AND to police and fire departments , bomb squads , EOD units and medical rescue units with a need to know.

This year we have sent such reference materials to MANY diverse groups as Chicago area police departments to California Department of Agriculture fire inspectors , US CUSTOMS SERVICE and our troops in IRAQ , AFGANISTAN , GERMANY , ISLAND OF TINIAN.

THIS STUFF WHICH WE STUDY AND COLLECT IS DANGEROUS.

GET THE KNOWLEDGE

PROMOTE IT !

I have received a cynical email from one of the perpetual gainsayers and opinion inundaters who must comment on everything even if they have no knowledge about the subject. Most would recognzie the nickname as it is one of the most commonly seen.

Paraphrasing : what are you offering a 500 round pack of .22s?

Certainly not.

Thanks for the inspiration to illucidate ; J… ( you know who you are) .

Most young collectors are uncertain about what to specialize in , if anything.

Consequently , this lot will include : Commercial and military , rifle pistol and MG. Shotshells , centerfire and rfs , headstamp variation and load variation.

Minimum retail value of $1,000.00

Well, if I was under 21, I would be all over that. :-)

Jason

I applaud your initiative. Try as I might, I have introduced my sons, nieces and nephews to shooting and the shooting sports, but I can not get them to appreciate the amazing world of cartridge collecting. My younger son is quite a marksman, but his interest in the ammunition he uses does not go beyond the “is it accurate in my rifle?” stage. My eldest Nephew is interested in WWII history and has several vintage firearms, but is only concerned with the cost of the ammunition he buys and wether or not it is “corrosive” primed or not. I have even gone so far as to make sure he saves a specimen of all the different surplus cartridges he uses. I have even had lengthy discussions with my sons and neices and nephews regarding the history and significance of cartridges in my collection to no avail. What more can I do?

AKMS

I really wish I didn’t feel this way but I believe the antis will just twist it around and say you are giving ammo to kids without explaining why.

You could say I am emotionally scarred by my experiences in this country but I have never ceased to be amazed at how adept these people are at making something essencially good sound so bad.

Vince - you are right, except that there aren’t really any anti-gun or anti-ammo types in the IAA, so none of the nay-sayers as far as guns & ammo should ever even know about this. Besides, it doesn’t sound like armor piercing tracers is what the lot will be. Sounds more like a vast mix of random pistol, revolver, hunting rifle and hunting shotgun ammo, with some military ammo added. So no worries hopefully. I will say that I think this is a really great initiative, and that CSAEOD has donated a great many things, but that it’s also too bad the way this came about. I mean there’s people on every side who have both done great things, but also said un-great things. We should all just remember that sometimes people submit forum messages that can be taken the wrong way, or that some people’s idea of humor is completely different from another’s, and that spite and satire might be subjective terms. But at the same time: forum messages can be edited at any time, so it’s best to clean up things that rub the wrong way, and discretely using the forum as a billboard for periodic commercial sales announcements is probably wrong. Love the essay thing though, I assume a photo-I.D. of some sort will have to be submitted with it to prove age?

Abe Lincoln liked to say that a good liar could make a chestnut into a chestnut horse and there is not doubt about that. No doubt about that.

I have owned or had access to guns and ammo since before I can remember. My first serious collecting started at 8 years of age when my Uncle Raymond Crittenden gave me a good start from his own collection.

Antigun facist-weenies are relentless and have prevailed in such places as England, Canada and Australia. The dismal tide is rising here as well and it is just a matter of time before this hobby is drowned .

A Kennedy bill has been written which will be pushed through by the new congress, if things go the way they seem to be going, which will require ARSENAL LICENSES for ALL of us.

They have finally realized that the key to gun control is ammunition control.

Every blog in every subject attracts people who have to post opinions even if they have no basis for a respectable opinion. That is free speech which MANY Americans have died for. My experience is that most people don’t really know what they are talking about most of the time. That’s life. Real knowledge and truth are hard to some by.

That is not a problem.

What is a problem? ; political moderation which allows some few “insiders” to make comments of a personal . insulting , offensive nature but edit others who reply to such statements.

That is tyranny.

This site is provided by a private business not the IAA. It is provided as a service to the IAA by a member.

The business owner has the right , within the law to , to run it the way he wants.

If he wants his business and friends to be promoted that is his business. If he wants to edit or even silence ANYONE that is also his business.

As long as this site is run as a private business rather than an IAA function POLITICS will determine the content.

ANYONE WHO , AS AN ADULT , IS SO THIN SKINNED THAT THEY CAN NOT FEND OFF AN INSULT OR JIBE SHOULD NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE ARENA OF IDEAS. FAR MORE FOLKS CAN DISH IT OUT THAN CAN TAKE IT. I ENJOY A GOOD INSULT TO GET AND GIVE.

Back to ammunition. Of couse this lot will incude AP, and tracer ammo and any type legal in the US in the jurisdiction whence it goes.

Anyone with problems about “givng ammo to children” needs to reread the terms.

Thank goodness that you, or anyone else, has the freedom to leave, instead of being insulting and offensive. No good comes from poisining that well of freedom with “jibes” and “insults” that have nothing to do with cartridge collecting and study. I believe that most posters here would recognize that the moderators have only greased squeaky wheels, and not acted arbitrarily or abusivley. Throughout the life of this site I have seen very few threads locked, and never one that kept to cartridge matters. Perhaps we can all refrain from insulting foolishness and keep this and future threads from getting locked.
Modedrators, please inform me if I have violated any rules and I will gladly apologize and edit or remove my post. Perhaps that should be a new rule for the site.

I agree with much of what you say here and you are certainly a fellow who likes rules - for others. I am happy to see that you will sign on and hope that it is true. If you look over the various threads which are locked up you will find that they have been locked after yours and other comments were made and BEFORE my reply. Squeeky wheels greased indeed.

How about locking up a few after my reply ?

You might note here that you take my attempt to promote collecting and turn it into an opportunity to criticise me. Typical .

On subject ? Again , typical.

I have more than one statement from you that you were going to stop reading my posts.

Like the moth to the flame you just can’t stop.

FLAME ON !