Hillersleben - Nazi era test faciltiy

aa

Now that is interesting! I may spend hours looking at that photo looking at all those cases in thier collection. Too cool! What is the 1st photo of? Are those concret looking structures used as massive gun shelters? I’m sending gobs of positive vibes your way so you live to be a VERY OLD MAN and publish that cool document! Great pics & Great info.

THE FRONT PHOTO IS ONE OF THE MASSIVE STRUCTURES DESIGNED TO CATCH FIRED PROJECTILES FOR EXAMINATION.

That is some tuff construction! I can only imagin the specs of a concrete & steel building strong enough to catch a massive projectile. I am surprised the projectiles don’t shoot right threw them. AWESOME!

Hillersleben is still today an interesting place. The range is being cleared now for more then 10 years and hundreds of tons of experimental ammo have been recovered starting form 20mm R

[quote=“EOD”]Hillersleben is still today an interesting place. The range is being cleared now for more then 10 years and hundreds of tons of experimental ammo have been recovered starting form 20mm R

I shall look them up amongst my hard copy images and post some asap.

If one is using “Google Earth” check this position:

I am not googling any Earth yet- so no idea what this is.

It is the top view of Hillersleben range today (or from 1-3 years ago).

Install it and enjoy:
earth.google.com/

Thank you. The report on Hillersleben has several pictures taken from the air in 1945. It was a massive range.

GREAT STUFF!!! Did they ever figure out what happened to that gun? I read [sometime ago] that the allies never found a trace of the it, except for the shell casing.

aa