Hornady Zombie Max pistol ammo photos

Here are some photos of the 3 Z-Max pistol calibers’ boxes & cartridges. Note all the extraneous printing on the end flaps and the comical advice on the back of the box. The box backs are all identical except for the sticker from the side which overlaps the back slightly. The box fronts are the same except that the .40S&W and .45acp qty is 20, and the 9mm qty is 25. I have recently seen that 380acp will also be coming out soon, and probably other calibers as well…

The cartridges definitely appear to be exactly the same as the Critical Defense loads in matching calibers except for case material/primer (Critical Defense on right).

Nice photos.

Which proof house uses the eagle symbol on the end box? Are they planning on selling this anywhere other than the USA?

There is also an interesting view behind the zombie craze in General. Someone I know from school is currently doing a university degree in script writing for film and TV. He gave an interesting view on the zombie craze the other day. Apparently during periods of economic downturn, vampires always become more popular subjects for films, books etc. He says that this can be backed up when you look back through history at the popularity of vampires. He thinks we are seeing the same thing here with zombies. He also said that zombies have been too over used now and he thinks it’s time the craze went away.

Like a friend of mine, an ex-engineer with a major ammunition company, just said to me in an email: “Where
are the grown-ups in the ammunition industry these days?” When I got my .40 and .45 boxes, I saw the back labels
shown, I wondered if the people who designed the label should even be allowed to handle live ammunition. Granted, I am the epitome of the cranky old man these days, but I do not see the humor in these boxes. They paint shooters as juveniles of limited intellect watching too many (one is too many!) video games about Zombies. JMHO shared by several of my old colleagues from the industry.

And yes, before I get the notes telling me I am, I am a hypocrite. If I was sensible about my cartridge box collection, I would put the rather mundance cartridges in my collection, and throw the boxes in the garbage can, where they really belong. Instead, I will be buying the 9 mm Para when it shows up here as well as any other auto pistol caliber. I guess that shows the level of my own intellect when it comes to my collection - not very good indeed.

[quote=“Falcon”]Nice photos.

Which proof house uses the eagle symbol on the end box? Are they planning on selling this anywhere other than the USA?
[/quote]

I know that some retailers in Canada are offering it for sale.

[quote=“Falcon”]Nice photos.

Which proof house uses the eagle symbol on the end box? Are they planning on selling this anywhere other than the USA?[/quote]I think this proof house trade mark is austrian. P for patronen.
Soren