Houston and Dallas Texas Gunshow finds

Any idea what the “rocket” with the blue base is? It has a hollow cavity for explosives and a live firing mechanism. It looks like a shotgun primer.

Who makes the puple/red 12.7x108 round? Here’s the headstamp:

Ohh yeah, found the IAA both and joined up finally. Nice guys.

Did Brandon Luter have the booth with the IAA membership forms? He told me quite a few people have joined the IAA through him at some Texas gun shows.

Also, welcome to the IAA!

The small 22mm rocket with blue tail is a sub cal projectile for the 81mm Mortar training device.

Regards Ozzi.

Jestertoo,

The headstamp you picture is typical Arabic and is possibly Egyptian, can’t tell for sure but is probably a 12.7x108mm cartridge.

Brian

[quote=“bdgreen”]Jestertoo,

The headstamp you picture is typical Arabic and is possibly Egyptian, can’t tell for sure but is probably a 12.7x108mm cartridge.

Brian[/quote]

Bingo. Thanks!

[quote=“ozziammo”]The small 22mm rocket with blue tail is a sub cal projectile for the 81mm Mortar training device.

Regards Ozzi.[/quote]

Cool… found one of the whole units for sale here

cdvs.us/Sub-caliber-rocket-f … P1406.aspx

Slides up inside of a 81mm “M1” sabot. Neat concept.

Wow! Fantastic haul. What are the smaller caliber rounds you picked up?

41 colt sda
44 Webley
30-40 military
45-70 military
375 jdj
30-06 accelerator
Pair of 338 lapua mag variants

[quote=“Aaron”]Did Brandon Luter have the booth with the IAA membership forms? He told me quite a few people have joined the IAA through him at some Texas gun shows.

Also, welcome to the IAA![/quote]

Yup, Brandon I believe signed me up. Robert Newman hooked me up with the small caliber stuff.

Definitely an Egyptian 12.7, from 1971.