How it`s made - Polish Flare 26 mm

With a little time, I decided to show you how it is built Polish signal cartridge - 1 red star.

General view and dimensions.

Metal cap sealed with paraffin. The red color and one tab = 1 RED STAR

The bottom of the producer code and year of manufacture.

361 in oval = Panstwowa Wytwornia Amunicji Mysliwskiej - PAWAM , Zaklad Produkcji Specjalnej , Pionki, Polska
( The State Factory of a Hunting Ammunition - PAWAM, Division of Special Production, Pionki, Poland )

Year of productions. 1977

POLOXID primer- sealed green paint.

Dimensins

Dimensions

Dimensions

Dimensions

Dimensions

Components

Compoents

Black powder

Black powder

Insertion of pressed paper, black colour with fire hole

Insertion - another side, reinforced fabric from the powder charge

Insertion

Fire hole

Insertionof felt with fire hole.

Insertion

Fire hole

Ligh stuff

Light stuff

Black powder compressed with light stuff as propellent and ingnition stuff.

Black powder

Light stuff

Insertion of pressed paper, natural colour.

Intersion.

Spacer sleeve of pressed paper.1

Next insertion of pressed paper.1

A metal cap. 1

Perhaps someone such information useful. :-) If someone wants to, I can do such a study with a parachute flare.

Regards

Rufus

In 1991 the factory was reorganized and since then bears the name - Fabryka Amunicji Mysliwskiej F.A.M. . Pionki, Poland ( Hunting Ammunition Factory, Pionki, Poland )

http://fam-pionki.pl/

Regards

Rufus

hello
nice view of the component of this cartridge
i think most of signal cartridges had similar construction

Thank you much sir, very interesting!

-CBA

Rufus,

Can you tell a little about the history of this factory. WWII for example. We had discussed its history in the past Pawam 12g pionki but no one seemed to know much. There web page says they have been in operation since 1923, but does not say what they made.

Joe

Rufus, great post! Thank you very much.

Please note that the manufacturer is Pronit, not FAM-Pionki. Some of these cases were also loaded by factory 331, whose identification is unknown to me.

Regards,

Fede

Fede

361 in the oval is the code = Panstwowa Wytwornia Amunicji Mysliwskiej - PAWAM , Zaklad Produkcji Specjalnej , Pionki, Polska
( The State Factory of a Hunting Ammunition - PAWAM, Division of Special Production, Pionki, Poland ) And this is the correct name… Used was in the production of ammunition. PAWAM is the abbreviation of the PAnstwowa Wytwornia AMunicji . From 1922 -2000, the factory has changed names several times and product range. PRONIT, about which you write, is an abbreviation used in the name of different combinations. Probably (not confirmed) is an abbreviation of PROch NITrocelulozowy ( Nitrocelulose powder ). I have some materials, and soon will write a brief history of the factory.
Code 331 - that Zaklady Tworzyw Sztucznych “Krywałd- Erg” Knurów. Poland. ( plastic production plant ) Were filling, finishing and packing ammunition signal, shells of production were 361 in the oval.

All photos from the collection of my friend. M Przybysz

Regards

Rufus

One more picture :-)

Rufus

Red stamp on the body shells are set by the finishing plant.

R.

Its a short story of Pionki Factory;

• Państwowa Wytwórnia Prochu i Materiałów Kruszących w Pionkach (autumn 1922 – ?)
• Państwowa Wytwórnia Prochu w Pionkach (? – IX 1939)
• Pulverfabrik Pionki (1939 – 1945) - ( German occupation IIWW )
• Państwowa Wytwórnia Prochu (1945 – 1948)
• Wytwórnia Chemiczna nr 8 (1949 – 10 IX 1958)
• Zakłady Chemiczne „Pronit” (11 IX 1958 – 30 VI 1963)
• Zakłady Chemiczne „Pronit” im. Bohaterów Studzianek (1 VII 1963 – 1971)
• Zakłady Tworzyw Sztucznych „Pronit-Erg” im. Bohaterów Studzianek w Pionkach (1971 – 1977)
• Zakłady Tworzyw i Farb „Pronit” im. Bohaterów Studzianek w Pionkach (1977 – VII 1982)
• Zakłady Tworzyw „Pronit” im. Bohaterów Studzianek w Pionkach (VII 1982 – 1985)
• Zakłady Tworzyw Sztucznych „Pronit” im. Bohaterów Studzianek w Pionkach (1985 – 30 XI 1994)
• Zakłady Tworzyw Sztucznych „Pronit” S.A. w Pionkach (1 XII 1994 – 6 IX 2000).
Zaklad Produkcji Specjalnej Sp. z o.o. ( 2000- 18.12.2012 )
Bumar Amunicja Sp. Z O.O. Oddział w Pionkach ( 18.12.2012 – 04,03. 2014 )
Mesko S.A. w Skarżysku Kamiennej , Oddział w Pionkach ( 04.03.2014 — still )

All time HS = 361 in oval

Best

Rufus

Thank you for sharing. I am surprised the communists managed even more changes of name than the post-communist era.

All the changes are the decisions of the political forces. So it worked under the supervision of Moscow (Big Brother). Such were the times uninteresting …:-(