HP 9mmSN headstamp

As this ammo has a tinned jacket, I think, the Sn in the headstamp stays for the chemical TIN-Sign…

Hmhm…chemistry on a headstamp? Sintox, nontox, sinoxid…maybe some other toxes…Where’s the Pb headstamp? There must be a better explanation…

Well, Geco and MEN have the chemistry in the Headstamp (SX for Sintox; SR for schadstoffreduziert).
But, considering the Winchester cartridges for German Police, could this be (for a change the correct) digraph for Saxony (Sachsen, SN)?

Sachsen had only S (in case of the Winchester ones)
As (Jochen you know why) also Geco had tinplated their bullets in a certain timeframe, same for HP during tests of the leadfree primers…
The first from HP used CCI CF (Cleanfire) Primers where useless for long storage due to very high hygroscopic risks during loading process, Than HP used their own mixture (with a bad press lanced by DN as Strontium-containing) and therefore had to use a tinned bullet, as the “smearing” effect from the old leadcontaining primers was no longer available…
Its a whole Story on ist own…I will dig in my HP-Files, which are stockpiled already in an other Country…so it will take some time…