Hungarian Schwarzlose belt

Hello,

Here are pictures of a Hungarian Schwarzlose belt.

I have many questions still pending concerning this belt :

The Schwarzlose was an WW 1 gun - Hungary was part of Austria until the end of WW 1. So they might use austrian 8 x 50 R or 8 x 56 R.
I will ask a fellow hungarian collector ::

Thanks for this hint.

Of course I am aware of the various Austrian Schwarzlose guns, but also those of the many other countries using Schwarzlose in various calibers.

The Hungarian belt I have shown is very different from any other of the many different Schwarzlose belts I have. Furthermore, the 8x50R cannot fit in the pockets of this belt.

Thanks in advance for any further information on that subject,

JFL

[quote=“JFL”]Hello,

Here are pictures of a Hungarian Schwarzlose belt.

I have many questions still pending concerning this belt :

Hello,

Treshkin, your two different belts are not the same as my Hungarian one. The shape of the spacers are all three different.

Your belt with brass T-shaped spacer is Czechs in caliber 7.92x57 for the Schwarzlose M24. On the closeup of the manufacturer marking and production date of 1927 of my specimen, you see a kind of “bullet” logo. This logo represents the two letters “F” and “J” which correspond to Zbrojovka ing. Frantizek Janecek in Prag. (I am sorry for the missing accents).
Both 250-round and 100-round belts are known. Mine shown here is 250-round and is impressed “250” on the reverse side of the brass piece with the “FJ” logo.
The M24 Schwarzlose is basically a reworked Austrian-made Schwarzlose gun originally made in 8x50R and rebarelled by the Janecek company for 7.92 Mauser.

The other Schwarzlose belt Treshin shows in his pictures with steel spacers is standard Austrian 8x50R.

Does anyone have any information on Schwarzlose chambered for 8x56R round ??

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

JFL

I aksed a good friend of mine who has great knowledge on Hungarian wartime production. He told me that your belt could be 7.92x57 because in 1943 the Hungarian Goverment ordered about 1500 Schwarzlose MG’s and a few hundreds were 7.92mm 43M, the others were 8mm 31M. In 1944 only a small part of this order had been delivered, but we obviously had the Schwarzlose in 7.92 If your belt is 7.92 it was made in 43 or 44.

K.

Thanks a lot Strakv for your answer.

I am looking forward to any further information you might get.

Cheers,

JFL

[quote=“JFL”]Hello,

Treshkin, your two different belts are not the same as my Hungarian one. The shape of the spacers are all three different.

Your belt with brass T-shaped spacer is Czechs in caliber 7.92x57 for the Schwarzlose M24. On the closeup of the manufacturer marking and production date of 1927 of my specimen, you see a kind of “bullet” logo. This logo represents the two letters “F” and “J” which correspond to Zbrojovka ing. Frantizek Janecek in Prag. (I am sorry for the missing accents).
Both 250-round and 100-round belts are known. Mine shown here is 250-round and is impressed “250” on the reverse side of the brass piece with the “FJ” logo.
The M24 Schwarzlose is basically a reworked Austrian-made Schwarzlose gun originally made in 8x50R and rebarelled by the Janecek company for 7.92 Mauser.

The other Schwarzlose belt Treshin shows in his pictures with steel spacers is standard Austrian 8x50R.

Does anyone have any information on Schwarzlose chambered for 8x56R round ??

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

JFL[/quote]

Thank you for your comments. Very interesting information for me.