HWS Volume III is here (finally)

I’m sure a Canadian or European will buy a few and distribute them at a reduced cost.
Harrie???

I fully agree with John, Jonny and Ray.

Having sent a copy of my new ballistics book to someone in the U.S. for about 17 dollars airmail (up to 2 kg; up to 5 kg would be 35 dollars) the postage for the opposite direction is of course nothing to be pleased about.

But the value of this book as a source cannot be really expressed in dollars, I think.

[quote=“RayMeketa”]Most of us will think nothing of paying $15 to $20 UPS shipping for a single cartridge but balk at $8 for a book? I ordered mine with $13 priority shipping and will be enjoying it that much sooner, for a measly $5 more.

You guys on the other side of the pond - what can I say?

Ray[/quote]

never mind $10, S20 or so but in addition to the freight we (Germany) also have to pay VAT over total value of book + freight.
The $65 book ends up at $157 or in my case, if you buy the set you are close to $290.
I would like to have it earlier but I guess I will wait for SLICS to pick it up.
Disadvantage is that it is an extra 5 kilo’s of the 23 kilo’s you are allowed to have.

I’ll just skip the shipping discussion entirely and give my sincere thanks to Mel for the huge amount of work he did to carry the ball over the finish line. I also want to note my deep and sincere respect to the three authors. I personally don’t think cartridge collecting would be the same without them. I just wish all three of them could be here to see their life’s work come to final fruition. This is a very exciting moment in cartridge collecting history!!! Thank you very much Bill, Gene, Frank and Mel!

The $5 extra for priority mail was well worth it. Vol III arrived in yesterday’s mail. What an impressive volume!

Thanks to Frank, Bill, Gene, and Mel.

Ray

Received mine today.
Wonderful job Mel

Bruce

Just received my copy today. Wow! What a fabulous effort. Congrats to all those who worked so long and hard on this project. As for the cost, for me it is truly invaluable!

Regards,
Charlie

My copy arrived Saturday and while I have not hardly scratched the surface. I can honestly say O.M.G.!!! What a wonderful job! Congratulations to all.

Mine arrived today. Thanks to the Authors, Mel and anyone who had anything to do with the book

Now, me and a bottle of Jack Daniels need somewhere quiet ;-)

Can’t wait to read the 7.62x25 Tokarev section. And yes, there is one!!!

Ditto what Armorer said–Thanks to everyone involved. Got mine today and won’t be getting anything else done!

Taber

Mel,
I want to ask a question - from a serious book collector. Is there a possibility that Bill can autograph a copy for me when I order? I am willing to pay the extra postage if necessary and I will pick up the copy at SLICS or arrange for pickup if something happens and I cannot make it this year? It makes the book just that much more special

Daan
www.cartridgecollector.net

[quote=“Daan”]Mel,
I want to ask a question - from a serious book collector. Is there a possibility that Bill can autograph a copy for me when I order? I am willing to pay the extra postage if necessary and I will pick up the copy at SLICS or arrange for pickup if something happens and I cannot make it this year? It makes the book just that much more special
Daan
cartridgecollector.net[/quote]
Bill should be at SLICS as usual. I presume he’ll be signing some books there as people ask him.

Daan and others who may be interested,

At this time, Bill is planning on being at SLICS and I doubt that there’s much that would keep him away. He will be happy to autograph your book(s). Unfortunately, Frank cannot attend this year. I’ll see about shipping some books to Frank for his autograph. The copies of Vol. III are very large and very heavy at 4 pounds, 13 ounces (2.19 Kilos) each. Vol. I, with Addendum, weighs 3 pounds exactly and Vol. II with Addendum weighs 2 pounds 13 ounces. Media Mail, though slow, is by far the most efficient (cheapest) way to move books around the country. I’m shipping boxes of three copies of Vol. III to Europe and Australia for $86.25 Priority Mail ($28.75 per book) with great results (books actually get there and in fine condition, so far).

Mine received yesteday (first in France ?). Awesome book.

Swindler, i paid 22€ of customs charges to have my book !
I have never paid customs charges with Amazon / AbeBooks / etc.!

PS : The swindler and well on the French Ministry of Finance …