I came across some old 28 gauge shot shells

I came across some old shotshells. The gentleman was trying to help out by donating 28 gauge shells to my son for skeet. But when I opened the box, it contained 10 boxes of vintage 28 guage shells. All Remington and Winchester. The price on the boxes was $2.xx. I figured these were for than likely from the 1970s. My question for this forum is what are they worth?

Have shot nearly 125,000 28ga. target loads over the last 45 years and a few, very few of these 1 oz.Those 1 oz. loads poke on both ends. Light weight 28 bore guns recoil like a 12 with 1oz… Never could figure out why the 1 oz. Just shoot a 20 or 16 and not beat your self up. Value can’t help you with price. They are not target loads. Save them for hunting. Trade them with someone for target loads.

You are correct. We have no intention of shooting these for skeet. But my son is always on the hunt for 28 gauge hulls. Most of the time trading cigarettes and etc with the help. Still makes me laugh remembering the kid make a trade of a pack of cigs for a 5 gallon bucket of AA410S.
The gentleman was just trying to help out by giving them to us. I’m going to surprise the donor with the proceeds of the sale some of the shells. A couple of boxes are going on the bookshelf!