Iaa journal 463 - laughs and tears

Although I seldom see levity in the fact heavy JOURNAL this edition was a topper. The photo on page 18 of Jon Cohen attempting to smootch another collectors gave me a weeks worth of laughs. I am still laughing. If it were not for my enlarged prostate I might have wet myself. I am coming to the next show and although I am old there are parts of me which are still smoothy. I’ll be looking for Jon ! Pucker up !

On the sad side: there are few gentlemen in this dirty hobby ( not dirty? , well then you have never dug through a junk box - get some experience) . Chuck Suydam was one of them. His book on rimfires, " The American Cartridge", started lots of collectors and was the only game in town for decades. His book was what made me determined not to collect rimfires. They are just too difficult to identify. I have plenty unidentified to this day with all experts duely consulted.

He was always helpfull and generous with his time and knowledge.
His passing is a great loss to a couple of hobbies.

There is a ray of hope for rimfires. A young collector who does not want to be identified yet is working on a catalogue of rimfires with color pictures of the manufacturing characterists. It is superior work and will revolutionize the collecting of rfs. I have ordered the first 100 copies and hope to live long enough to see it done. FANTASTIC.

I know the collector you are referring to and have been looking forward to his published work for quite a few years now, having gotten a peek at some of his photos and a brief explanation of the project.

He is harder to push than a chain up hill but does fine work.

Interesting way to promote the harmonious exchange of information.

I request that you remove your offensive and insulting post. Civility will draw more new members than baiting confrontation.

BEING A PUBLIC FIGURE HAS ITS COST. LOVE THE HIGHJINX ! That is you isn’t it Jon and posed too ? Did you think that they weren’t going to publish it for over 1000 men to see ? Hard to believe !

“When I take the time to write it is with the goal of promoting COLLECTING AMMUNITION” - Schmitt

Practice what you preach. You had the opportunity to take the high road and failed again. Bye.

[quote=“Jon C.”]Interesting way to promote the harmonious exchange of information.

I request that you remove your offensive and insulting post. Civility will draw more new members than baiting confrontation.[/quote]

Well said.

I no longer bother to open a topic if I see that CSAEOD has posted in it. His posts, In my opinion, are a mixture of sarcasm, thinly veiled insults, rudeness, advertising and a smattering of useful information.