IAA Journal #463

• Today (September 16th) I finally received the printed copy of the IAA Journal, issue #463 [Sep/Oct '08]. Very interesting issue with good articles, as usual. The “Directory” [Fall 2008 Edition] came together with the IAA Journal. I hope the others IAA members from USA got until now the printed copy of this last issue too. Liviu 09/16/08

Received my copy today. The Journal just gets better and better.

FINALLY got mine yesterday.

For you non IAA members, the great article by Tony Edwards on the 7mm-A British Ideal is worth the price of membership.

Not to diminish the other articles, they are great also. :>)

Ray

[quote=“Ray Meketa”]FINALLY got mine yesterday.

For you non IAA members, the great article by Tony Edwards on the 7mm-A British Ideal is worth the price of membership.

Ray[/quote]

There’s an interesting article on the .30-80 in there as well, by some bloke called Meketa…any relation Ray ?

Thats a beer you owe me ;-)

Armourer

I appreciate the plug but I can’t afford to buy you a beer. I still haven’t been paid for the article. I suspect that the Editor’s salary eats up most of the profits. :>)

Ray

Considering the By-laws thing in this issue, I propose the following additional Article:
Heretofore and hereafter, all authors of articles published in the Journal do hereby and forthwith recieve cash compensation equal to twice the amount paid the Editor per annum. Make that THREE times as much!

All in favor, say Aye!

Rick

Would that be in Canadian Loonies?

On second thought, no compensation for me, Please! It would move me into a higher tax bracket making me ineligible for all my senior citizen discounts. And I would be tempted toward the lavish lifestyle of our esteemed Editor. The stylish wardrobe, trips abroad, etc. I’m just a simple farm-boy.

Ray

A more relevent topic of discusson should be:

Just when does this issue arrive in Canada??

Glenn

Dogsleds need snow Glenn. Be patient.

Ray

I agree Ray, but even if he did pay us, what would we do with a bagful of unidentified foreign .450s?

Regards
Tony

[quote=“Ray Meketa”]FINALLY got mine yesterday.

Ray[/quote]

I second that. Perhaps with a narrow mind, I joined the IAA specifically because of my interest in the .280/30 cartridge development. I’ve got my money’s worth in learning about other cartridges starting with my first issue, so this latest article is icing on the cake for me! Wonderful job!