ID - 11mm Swedish Regulation M1871

This one troubbles me for a correct ID.

Bullet dia 11.8mm - .464
Base dia 11.8mm - .464
Rim dia 12.6mm - .496
Case L 14.62mm - .575
Total L 24.68mm - .971
Primer dia 6.3mm - .248

Acquired it as a 11mm Devisme but after measuring case is closer to 12mm French CF allthough bullet looks like ‘devisme’. And then there is the large primer.
Ideas anyone ?

Hi Pascal,

I have this cartridge classified as a variation of the 11 mm Swedish Ordnance Revolver m/71 but my only reference is Datig’s Vol. IV p. 58. I think he may have found this cartridge under this name in the Danish Tøjhusmuseet collection, but I’m just guessing. I’m afraid that I don’t have any other documentation to support or deny his identification, but is worth mentioning that his identification of the other 3 variations of this cartridge found in pages 58-59 is entirely correct.

Regards,

Fede

Thanks Fede,
Found it. Sure looks close. In ECRA database it is called 11mm Swedish M71 Ordnance Revolver boxer type case.

Yes this discussion is old but I cannot help questioning the result.First the very early ones of the Swedes were 2 piece
cases the head had a washer type,the bullet is totally out of line and is exactly that of a Devisme see Ammunition
Journal Jan-Febr.2010 an excellent depiction of most Devisme Cartridges and the mod 1871 rev cartridges are
best shown and described in Manual of Pistol and Revolver Cartridges Vol 2 In Erlmeier Brandt Mueller.some of the
case measurement according to that book do not correspond case lenght in particular.I would say that cartridge is a
nice 12mm Devisme.Particular in view that the Mod 1871 Rev round a very scarce item indeed the 2 piece case in
particular.I would give anything to have one of these little swedish devils in my collection.
Sherryl