Id: 12ga municar vierzon

Can anybody ID this 12GA shotshell?

Besides the hint on the side wall “La Parisienne” I found that this is a French cartridge made for a trade house.

delcampe.net/page/item/id,02 … age,F.html

“La Parisienne” is very probably a retailer, selling hunting accessories (they also offer artefacts for fishing-they call themselves ‘Chasse et Pêche’) including shotshells, made and loaded by the MUNICAR society, in the town of Vierzon, central France.

Phil.

Well, that’s me again… I found some more details about MUNICAR, which was in activity in the early 70ies.
Their address was "Cartouches Municar", rue ¨Pâtis-Bouillon, F-79200 Chatillon s/Thouet (between Vierzon and Bourges)
very close to the Sologne area, a very well known French hunting area…

Their director was a Mr J. Pardon, himself an armorer, who put his mark on some hunting weapons…

They not only sold shotshells, but also ammo for hunting rifled guns, like the .270 Winch. They loaded Winchester cases, with their own bullets, in the case of this .270, it was a so-called ‘MEGA’ bullet of their own. This cartridges were to be used for middle-sized game.

They usually worked with distribution companies(like La Redoute or CAMIF), and it was possible to mail order from their catalogues, not only ammo, but also carbines and hunting accoutrements.
I hope this will help.

Phil

Well, that’s me again… I found some more details about MUNICAR, which was in activity in the early 70ies.
Their address was "Cartouches Municar", rue ¨Pâtis-Bouillon, F-79200 Chatillon s/Thouet (between Vierzon and Bourges)
very close to the Sologne area, a very well known French hunting area…

Their director was a Mr J. Pardon, himself an armorer, who put his mark on some hunting weapons…

They not only sold shotshells, but also ammo for hunting rifled guns, like the .270 Winch. They loaded Winchester cases, with their own bullets, in the case of this .270, it was a so-called ‘MEGA’ bullet of their own. This cartridges were to be used for middle-sized game.

They usually worked with distribution companies(like La Redoute or CAMIF), and it was possible to mail order from their catalogues, not only ammo, but also carbines and hunting accoutrements.
I hope this will help.

Phil

Philippe, thanks a lot! This basically answered all I wanted to know!