ID: 9x19 PPU export of 1962

Is anybody able to provide solid info as for whom these 9x19 were made by PPU in 1962?
Reported headstamp is: PPU62 KAL. 9mm.

PPU

Hi Alex,

It is a contract for Indonesia. The initial “P.” stand for “Peluru”, but I’ve never been able to identify the meaning of “Td.”. Earlier boxes (1960) are also marked “Parabellum”.

Regards,

Fede

Fede, great info!
Is there a source or other data that info is concluded from?

Alex, crates are marked in both English and Indonesian. I don’t have pictures of the one in 9 mm, but here is an example in .38 Special (headstamped “.38 SPECIAL PP-YU”):

38%20Special%20(PPU-YU%20Lot%20No%203-65)%20-%201a

Fede, this is excellent and right what I needed!
Thanks a lot!

Funnily I am familiar with the .38 Spc. headstamp and can allocate it now too!

Fede, Do you know if this .30 Carbine was related to a contract for Indonesia also, or something different?

30M1%20%20PP-YU
Thanks much,
Dan

Dan, great headstamp! I have never seen that one before.
Definately an export headstamp.

Unusual PA given all these export factory acronyms were used in the early 1960s where orange-red and purple are prevailing.

Dan, I don’t know who was the customer of this .30 Carbine. I have never seen the box.

Regards,

Fede

Thanks EOD and Fede,
I should have asked Bill W., if He knew, when I got it. (He said it was the only dupe he ever had of it, so probably he didn’t have the box.) I was just happy to get one then, and I’ve seen others since.
Do you know if the .38 SPECIAL has green pa?
Dan

The .38 had the typical orange-red PA.

Thanks for that!
Dan

Dan, I think that the only PPU .30 Carbine boxes* I have ever seen from the Yugoslavian era date from the 80’s, but I don’t know about its contents. Do you have examples of any PPU box in this caliber?

*excluding standard commercial production

Hi Fede,
I think these might all be commercial, but what I have.

PPU%20tops%20mostly
PPU%20sides
tape%20PPU%20box

Maybe the tape on the one box will tell you something.
The only thing else I have is one long NUPE case. (1.65") Maybe for a blank?
All headstamped PPU 30 CARB

PPU%20profile

Thanks,
Dan

One more (from the web):

62x33_SP_by%20PPU_Serbia

Dan, thanks for the pictures. Yes, the ones I mention are not commercial but white boxes with an English language label and “Lot PPU”.

Regading commercial boxes, there is also a new box found in SP and FMJ:

Yes, that’s a NUPE case for blank loading introduced in 2006.

Thanks Fede,
I have not seen them in the US yet, but I don’t get out much!
Dan

Dan, SGAmmo has the SP loading:

https://www.sgammo.com/product/30-carbine-ammo/50-round-box-30-cal-carbine-110-grain-jacketed-soft-point-prvi-partizan-ammo

And Selway has both the SP and FMJ:

Regards,

Fede

Fede, that website seemingly does not allow visitors from Europe. Asia though seems to be ok.
Weird company.

Thanks again Fede,
But I should have said, I was talking about the Blanks. (Unless I hear of a new headstamp or primer variation…:)

Dan