Bullet dia ; 7.50 - 7.60mm
Neck dia ; 7.80 - 7.85mm
Base dia ; 7.90 - 8.00mm
Rim dia ; 9.25 - 9.34mm
Case L ; 14.70 - 14.80mm
Cartr L ; 23.90mm
Rim thickn ; 1.40mm

Brass case - Inside primed (i think) - RNL with 1 groove exposed

I was thinking in the way of a sarbacane but rim is to large (sarbacane approx 8.80mm)

Sorry, to computerstupid to post a picture (if someone could explain how to like you would to a 5 year old i might understand)

Any help would be appreciated

Here are some pinfires with a fusnot bruxells headstamp

Hi Scally.
Your round is definately a rimfire. As the headstamp implies, it was made by Fusnot, Bruxelles. I do not know what gun it was for. I have a similar specimen in my collection, except that mine is 8mm and has a longer case. I also know of one in 442 (or 440, I don’t remember which). The headstamp is also raised and around the outside, near the edge of the rim. Yours should be in a depressed circle, further in from the rim. Interesting rounds. I would love to know what gun they were for.

Cheers,
Will.

Thanks Will,
That’s about the right discription. I guess another one goes into the ‘unknown’ bin.
Scally.

Here are the images of Scally’s cartridge:

[quote=“powdertin”]Hi Scally.
Your round is definately a rimfire. As the headstamp implies, it was made by Fusnot, Bruxelles. I do not know what gun it was for. I have a similar specimen in my collection, except that mine is 8mm and has a longer case. I also know of one in 442 (or 440, I don’t remember which). The headstamp is also raised and around the outside, near the edge of the rim. Yours should be in a depressed circle, further in from the rim. Interesting rounds. I would love to know what gun they were for.

Cheers,
Will.[/quote]
Hi Will

how could you be sure just taking a look , it is a RF ctge ??

jp

Hi JP.

I have one that is a slightly larger calibre (about 8mm) and it is a rimfire. A x-ray shows rimfire priming. Also, there is either a 440 or 442 with a somewhat similar headstamp. Fusnot is known to have made rimfires or had rimfires made for them. Although not common, they do turn up on occassion. Sorry, I have never seen a catalogue or anything else in printed by or for them. I suspect they were made by SFM or Gaupillaut. I do not know the date of these specimens, other than they were post 1870’s period (after the introduction of the 440/442 revolvers).
Do you have any info on when Fusnot was in business?

Cheers,
Will.

Fusnot : 1852 to 1882