ID of an APDSFS-T projectile

I just bought at the local gun show.
It’s 553mm long, 114mm over the fins and 41mm at the thickest point of the body and weighs 3865 grams (136,3 ounces).

It’s been fired into something soft as the point is only slightly bent. Someone may have painted it after it was fired. The fins have one-side sharpened forward edges which might induce some slight clockwise rotation(?)
Story was it was from an 120mm tank gun, probably on a Leopard II.
I have looked at pretty pictures on Google but none seems to match the short fat one I got here.

Markings are: (lower body)
H5
7 (maybe a broad arrow)
33-24-77-K
Soren

Soren, you better try on the other side. This one is a Russian design.
Without looking at my docs I would say it is for a 125mm from the D-81 (2A46) tank gun of the T-72.

This one is most likely not fired as if that would be the case the ballistic cap would not be a little bent but entirely missing and the fins would be damaged heavily. The Vo of over 1000 m/s is very unforgiving to things in it’s way…

OK… The K at the end of the stamped numbers could be a russian letter, but I do not know how to display those here.
There is is no visible ballistic cap, except for the fins, its a solid forging(?) -Unless the groove is hiding under the paint.
The tracer element has ignited so the round has been fired.
Most details agree with what is published on the net about D81 ammo, but somehow the length/weight/dimensions don’t add up.
And just what was it doing in a danish military scrap metal container…?
Soren -slightly confused…

Soren, the 2 grooves near the tip are the crimps for the ballstic cap.

Ignited tracers are also to be found in demilled ammunition. So that is no indicator. Once you have seen fired APFSDS-T projectiles you will know what I mean.
Also depending on legislation and orders a demil operation may predict to damage the penetrator in a way it can not be used anymore. This is the reason why many of such projectiles have damaged tips.

If your projectile does not fit the 125mm then try at 100mm (tank gun and also the T12 AT gun) or 115mm.
I am too busy right now to do this.

How it got to Denmark? There must be hundreds of possibilities like:

• evaluation of foreign material
  • souvenirs which got disposed of by soldiers or units
  • brought in by civilians from neighbouring countries (Germany in particular)
    etc, etc, etc…

Thanks Alex, I’ll label it as russian, probably BM15 type for D81 tank gun.

Having seen tank rounds spurt towards the horizon (at Open Heath this summer) I think this is real and not CG:
youtube.com/watch?v=uYI4kM6je-k

Soren