ID papers, Soviet WW2 exp aircraft inspector

aa

Inspector of experimental aircraft-building Guards Major Cholobaiev K.N. Right half of this document mandates in a very official way for all highly positioned military personnel to follow this Major’s requests. Note a non-European “7” in 47 on the left, interesting for an official document. Signed by Colonel V. Stalin (any relationship?). Left side (with photo) says: Inspection (committee?) of Red Army Airforce attached to second-in-command of Defence Ministry. The terms are archaic and possibly indicate that this document is WWII stuff. Sorry, I am not a military man so I am tongue-tied with all these descriptions.

STALIN’S YOUNGEST SON WAS CHIEF INSPECTOR OF THE AIR FORCES BEFORE HE BECAME THE YOUNGEST GENERAL IN SOVIET HISTORY.

Lieutenant General Vasily Stalin / TIME Cover: August 20, 1951
*****Vasily Iosifovich Dzhugashvili (Russian Василий Иосифович Джугашвили), known also as Vasily Stalin (Russian Василий Иосифович Сталин), March 21, 1921

Stalin had one son by the name Vasily. He was an Air Force Inspector and was a Colonel from 1941 to the end of WWII. Maybe you have something there.

sks - wouldn’t that be Kholabaev in transliteration? (“Х” not “Ч” and “а” not “ай”)?

[quote=“Iconoclast”]sks - wouldn’t that be Khol[color=red]a[/color]baev in transliteration? (“Х” not “Ч” and “а” not “ай”)?

.[/quote]

You are right, just a typo got in:
Khol[color=red]o[/color]baev

You are right, take the “i” out. I was also wrong about one (1) son. Stalin had two (2) sons. He ( the first older son) was much less fortunate than Vasily.

Whose signature is on the left ?

Major Kholobaev’s signature.

Thank you . The fellow who gave me this said that this fellow was an ordnance inspector. I do not really understand the translation. Did this fellow inspect experimental aircraft or buildings ?

This guy was inspector on the construction of experimental aircraft.

It is possible that this guy has something to do with ordnance since aircraft have guns and use ammo. I know nothing about it. You may need to go to a specialized web site for WWII aircraft to figure this out (such as Monino Air Force Museum in Russia). I just looked through a book I have called “The Soviet Air Force in WWII, the official history”, an American translation of a Soviet probably 60’s book. Nothing there.

Construction of aircraft I would associate with production technologies, materials, serial production etc. but not with armament itself. Arms would go into design and ARMAMENT. In particular since Russia had own design bureaus for all this and they certainly did not stay without own inspectors.

Constantin Kholobaev was not only aircraft inspector but also test-pilot. I was able find mentions about him in book (grokhovs.chat.ru/sky/sky.html) related to test of new aircrafts and parachute systems to descent cannons and other vehicles for paratrooper forces. His trials was to descend APK cannons designed by Kerchevskiy. Also he tested other things like using new weapons systems in flight.

I don