ID Polish(?) artillery item?

A friend asked for help with ID of this item, which comes packed 3 to a case. I don’t have info on dimensions.

1 Like

It’s a polish parachute flare. They were originally described as a polish sub munition, but the importer/seller was wrong. Its funny they take the time and money to buy the stuff and have it imported, but don’t know what it is. They even had it incorrectly described for years even after it had been properly IDed and they were told what it was. I’m not sure if they still have it advertised incorrectly.

1 Like

“Submunition” sells way better than some pyrotechnical stuff!
Like lots of ordnance items in Europe and the US are always “WW2 NAZI”…

But actually it is a parachutist simulator, no “illum” there.

1 Like

And it is mortar launched, so basically a simulator in training scenarios which will produce “enemy” parachutists.

1 Like

Alex,

Can you provide the Polish name for this simulator and is it fired from a 120 mm mortar?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian, very little is out on this one. To what I understand it is for a device named “IS-100” and given the MWMS-100M I assume it is a 100mm mortar used only for this very round/purpose.
If I got it right this projectile is being launched only to an altitude of 250m means the device must be rather light as the projectile is light itself and the propelling charge seems to be small.
I am thinking of a rather short barreled device, probably even without any means for laying. (ambiguous?)

1 Like

Moździeżowy Wyrzutnik Makiety Skoczka (Spadochronowego)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Unfortunately mine came empty.