Identification 7,5mm Mod. 1929

I need some help in the identification of a 7,5mm Mod. 1929 Cartridge.
1 2
I was told, that it is an experimental-cartridge. It looks similar to the 1933 D bullet. but does this fit to the manufacture-date 4-67?
I compared the weight of the cartridge to 3 AP-rounds and 1 Ball-round.
The AP-cartridges said 368.5gr/23.93gm, 373,5gr/24,25gm and 377.0gr/24.48gm.
The Ball-cartridge said 400.0gr/25,67gm.
(These cartridges are from the 1930ies)
The questionable cartridge said 367,7gr/23,87gm.
The bullet is magnetic similar to a ball-cartridge. (A magnet attracts it also at the tip)
Any information is appreciated.

hello
i know this cartridge under the name “Mle 24C” a balle acier laquée (model 24C with steel lacquered bullet)
not an experimental

1 Like

Lacquered bullets in France is after ww2 , german’s ctg trace the road … 1933 D is before ww2, other time other rules … it exist too CTG 7.5x 54 with case & similar bullet in green …
Frenchs factorys begin during ww2 build ammunition’s for germans under german control …
When i was soldier in 80’s, sometimes we use theses ammos in Mas 1936 rifle in miltary training ( target 200 meters), certainly for finish old storage …
Last Hstp i know for laquered bullet 24C is 1971, 24 c is draw ( datas never change …).
Green village Screenshot_3
Bsrg, Dan

In France the ctg brass case with green lacquered bullet value in secret society of collectors is near 1 $, the complet green 10/15 .
In the box picture, you can see the Bullet O M 1924 C was always used after ww2 , O is for " ordinary" .Ml 24 was similar to german S bullet, flat base …
75_o_210

Bsrg, Dan

2 Likes

These remind me of French 7.65x17SR and 7.65mm Long of late WW2 production. These also had no tombac plating.

If anyone else was thrown by “Tombac”, I had to look this one up, (thanks for the challenge, EOD!)!

Swedish military definition is: “Tombac is an alloy between 90% copper and 10% zinc”

Everyone else seems to be between 72%~88% copper to Zinc:
Tombak is a brass alloy with a high copper content: at least 72% copper with a maximum of 28% zinc”, this spelling comes from a German company, (Schlenk AG, near Nuremberg).

Maybe Schlenk uses it that way, but in the ammunition field, German meaning of Tombak is brass with 90 pecent copper, like your Swedish dictionary says. In English, Tombak it is the “gilding metal” in GMCS.
72 % copper alloy is brass for cases (Hülsenmessing), sometimes down to 67 %.

1 Like

The 7,5 bullet O 1924C was normaly CNCS jacket. But by the 50’s to the begining of the 70’s, it had been used also brass (Guilding Metal), GMCS or laquered steel jacket. And on both brass or laquered steel cases.

Yes note the bullet M 24C with flat base was modified in 1931 by ad crimping groove for limit descent in the case, when we see coper color on one ball from ww2 and before, it’s generally one 1929 P (= AP) 1929 P was in service before adoption of M 1935 P ( Green tip). The 1933 D is one heavy ball boat tailed with chemical black treatment.
Bsrg, Dan

Dan, you forgot to mention also the tracer before WW2: coper color with black tip.

Yes and the early APT before 1935 .
Bsrg, Dan