Image of a Frister & Rossmann M.88 clip?

Does anyone have an image of a Frister & Rossman M.88 clip?

Thank you very much! :)

I’ve never seen … or heard tell of, an M’88 clip with a Frister & Rossmann marking.

That’s not to say that they don’t exist.

The M’88 clip has less variety of markings than the later M’98 one and a lot of those are known arsenal markings and commercial producers. As many Gewehr 88 rifles had been converted to charger loading pre-war (the Gewehr 88/05) and at the very start of the First War (the Gewehr 88/14) there wouldn’t have been the large numbers of commercial (and largely unknown) makers whose markings we see on 1914-18 German M’98 chargers.

As always with tin-ware, that most undocumented field of collecting, there are still a lot of things to be found … the search continues.

Peter

Ah, I’m afraid I’m showing my ignorance of the '88 here. ^_^

That puts me on the right track.

Thanks as always, Peter. :)

If it hadn’t been for an imminent house move I’d have looked this up earlier, having an hour with nothing much to do I went sorting through boxes of books.

In “Von der Patrone 88 zur Patrone S” by Windish et al there is a partial list of clip makers on page 139 under the heading “Hersteller laut Bericht der GPK” that includes ‘X’ as being made by Frister und Rossmann. If this is a regular ‘X’ rather than the stylised ones on the M’90 Mannclicher clip and M’98 Mauser charger then it looks like this;

Here is the M’98 for comparison;

Peter

Although it doesn’t answer your question, it may be of your interest that in 1891 this company had designed a clip for bulletless blank cartridges(!)

Thanks as always for the info! :)