Imperial russian arsenals

2 DIFFERENT LOGOS ON THIS IMPERIAL RUSSIAN 6PDR CASE. Can anyone identify either ?

Since this came from Finnland and the Cyrillic lettering does not include an “L” . The LEL monogram may be Finnish.

Can’t say for sure. But it seems G at left side is belong to “Torgoviy dom Gillenschidt” from Tula.

How do you get a “G” out of those 3 words ?

russian G is on the left side of head stamp. Taking in count time when this cartridge was developed (before 1917) I matched letters to avaliable to me list of old head stamps. I do not know about any old I and M head stamps (I know F, G, Ch, K, R, T, P, B, O, KO). Maybe I’m wrong. It’s just a guess,

The large character at the left in your upper photo (the one that looks like a “T” that’s missing the left arm) is a Cyrillic “G”.

I am familiar with the cyrillic letters. What I am asking is why “Torgoviy dom Gillenschidt” would be known as “G” ? I take it that the first manufacturer : (logo top center) is overstamped with a reload mark. The other marks may represent a variety of reloads.

new

anyone ?

Just a WAG, but the characters in the first logo may stand for Тульский Арсенал Завод, or “Tula Arsenal Factory”.

Could well be that as a monogram. It looks like 2 snakes. How about the L E L ? Certainly NOT Russian.