Importation of cartridges to the US

I was wondering if anyone has a POC who can import small amounts of collectable ammo from Great Britain?
Thank you,

Jim

The importation is pretty easy. With a detail inventory which meets ATF requirements and if the ammo is legal for importation any of us can get a Form 6 from the ATF. It may take a few months but does not cost anything.

The issue has always been the transport of a small quantity of collectors ammunition. When I last checked the major carriers, UPS, DHL, AMEX all refused to carry ammo internationally.

I understand there are some European carriers who will carry ammo, but I have not been able to figure out who they are.

Cheers,
Lew

Clarifying Lew’s response, the importation of ammo with a Form 6 is for someone traveling with the ammunition as part of their checked baggage.
Note that there is a maximum weight limit, and specific packing requirements. And, that not all airlines or customs people actually know what the rules are, so allow plenty of extra time, and carry a copy of the applicable regulations in case there are questions.

Thanks Lew and John, I will take a look at form 6 if i am traveling. I will keep looking for someone to ship small amounts of ammo. I have heard of people importing rifles.

Jim

Actually not! A couple of years ago I got a Form 6 to import ammunition from somebody who thought they had a means of transportation. They issued it without a question. The difference is that it would arrive at Customs here in Atlanta and I would have to come sign for it. I was importing it for my personal use as is stated on the Form 6, not for resale. The approved, but expired Form 6 is in my desk drawer. I have done this many years ago when transportation was not a problem.

Cheers,
Lew