In 2010, What Do You Hope To Find?

Well, Santa skipped my home in 2009 (probably because I was mostly naughty) and so I thought about what I want in the New Year. What are your top five (or fewer) collecting wishes for 2010?

Here’s my list:

1. 25mm M919 APFSDS-T

2. Phalanx 20mm Mk 244 Mod 0 APDS (red sabot, “new” Phalanx),
    20mm Mk 149 APDS Mod 1, 2 (black, orange sabot)

3. 30mm PGU-13/B HEI (used in GAU-8 in the A-10)

4. 25mm PGU-20 API (used in GAU-12 in the Harrier)

5. lots of PMs telling me how to find #1 - 4!

I want more heavy stuff (Bigger than .50). Main ones are 14.5, 30mm ADEN and 30mm PGU-13/B. Small stuff I want is in my sig line. And like viper if anyone wants to tell me where to get any of the feel free.

mine’s simple…

.303" British, Ball Mk III

Mine are probably more ‘wishful thinking’ than reality.

Japanese .577 Snider/Albini ball round. (Inert)

Japanese .44 S&W Russian ball round. (Inert)

Original box for Japanese .44 S&W Russian.

An official collectors permit in the mail… :-) -So I don’t have to bite so much into my shooters allowance.
Not much hope though, the newest “initiative” is to make applicants sign a release giving the Tøjhusmuseet rights to inspect and or buy the collection. You even have to describe every cartridge in detail in your collection.
If it wasn’s so obviously stupid it would be amusing…
Soren

The ever elusive S&B 7.65 with steel core. A couple of cartridges, or a whole box. Nobody seems to have them, or doesn’t know that they have them:

I have a few ideas on that subject .

I saw a .27/30 Homologous (6.8x51) cartridge on a table at a Calgary gunshow.The next day when I returned that round had been sold.

That’s what started all this collecting cartridges - before just I shot them .

The next show I missed an A.A.I. 32 flechette 12 gauge by a few minutes.

The last show it was a 5.2mm Mondragon round in great shape for $100 that was sold just before I arrived.

Andy just emailed me to remind me that there is another gun show Saturday.
It should be an interesting day…

Glenn

[quote=“mausernut”]An official collectors permit in the mail… :-) -So I don’t have to bite so much into my shooters allowance.
Not much hope though, the newest “initiative” is to make applicants sign a release giving the Tøjhusmuseet rights to inspect and or buy the collection. You even have to describe every cartridge in detail in your collection.
Soren[/quote]
The makes the laws in the UK seem like they might possibly have been made with a small amount of sense. How did we Europeans allow ourselves to get into this mess as far as our laws are concerned (not just concerning guns / ammunition).

[quote=“DKConfiguration”]The ever elusive S&B 7.65 with steel core. A couple of cartridges, or a whole box. Nobody seems to have them, or doesn’t know that they have them:
[/quote]

Have seen 2 boxes yesterday…

There was a man visiting here, in Kansas, about a month ago from London,…he wanted to see if someone would let him shoot some guns, the lady he was visiting knew me, :),…We had a great time even tho it started to snow, I had a steel swinging target set up @ 100 yards, he really liked the russian sks with the 30rnd mag,…also shot my .300 wm and .22-250,…and a .22 pistol,…the guy said you cant even carry a knife in London,…how sad.

In keeping with the original ?,…I would like to find some vintage .22-250 and .300wm.

[quote=“Falcon”][quote=“mausernut”]An official collectors permit in the mail… :-) -So I don’t have to bite so much into my shooters allowance.
Soren[/quote]
The makes the laws in the UK seem like they might possibly have been made with a small amount of sense. How did we Europeans allow ourselves to get into this mess as far as our laws are concerned (not just concerning guns / ammunition).[/quote]

The permit I have applied for is for collecting live cartridges. Permits are difficult to get and the authorities try to discourage applicants in various ways. I got a letter the other day telling me to describe what I wanted to collect and why I wanted the permit, so I did, even though I did describe the exact same things on the application form…
The knife idiocy is the same here, same reasons, same stupid non-working solutions.
Soren

I’d like to find out more JDJ cartridges or even fired cases

Just even a couple of the following .30-40 Krag would be GREAT

Third Model Dummy with flutes all the way to the shoulder of the case

Experimental Frankford Arsenal wood bullet blanks

Early Reduced Range cartridge without blackened case

Early Guard Load with 156 grain lead bullet AND 42 grain round ball inside case

Frankford Arsenal “Headless” cartridge

Frankford Arsenal Berdan primed case

Early Gallery Load with flat nosed lead bullet and knurled bullet seating cannelure

UMC 156 grain Guard Load

REM-UMC 156 grain Guard Load

T.S. King Gallery Load with round ball at mouth and no neck cannelure

UMC Gallery Load with 1 lead ball at neck of case

WRACO Paper Bullet Blank with W.R.A.Co. 30 U.S.G. headstamp

Western Cartridge Company M3 Blank with WESTERN 32 headstamp

W.R.A.Co. 29 headstamp Paper Bullet Blank

W.R.A.Co. 30 U.S.G. with WOUND TEST bullet

UMC Dummy with 4 holes, with or without tinned case

Dunn-Freeman sliding base cartridge

Scott Patent multi-ball with THREE bullets

ANY Board Dummy cartridges

ANY cartridge with case material other than brass…

Would like to know about ANY unusual looking or un-headstamped rounds you may have.

I also collect .30-40 Krag cartridge boxes, bullet boxes, and wooden crates. I would certainly appreciate knowing of what you have.

[quote=“magpie”]mine’s simple…

.303" British, Ball Mk III[/quote]

Get in the queue!

(although I could have had one a couple of years ago had my pockets been deeper!)

Regards
TonyE

An original .22 Miller Krag Wildcat.

I’d like to wander past a junk shop and find that someone had just emptied an attic of a complete collection of rare and experimental mint condition Vickers automatic cannon rounds…well, one can dream!

A .30 Adolph.

For me; I hope I’ll once be in the opportunity to obtain a British .270 enfield round, but that is almost a mission impossible

Joost

Where to start?

Do I go for the impossible or the just ‘not found … yet’ ?

Let’s be greedy and try for both. First off would have to be an original of this Mauser type charger for 7,62x54R. Do they exist, were they ever made or are they only to be found in my imagination and this drawing?

For the things that I know exist but which have eluded me so far I’d have to go for a 1945 dated German made 7,92x57 charger. They must have been made in large quantities but one’s never crossed my path.

Oh… if anyone has a spare 6 shot Mauser C96 charger I’d be very pleased to hear from you … and a Steyr M’12 marked for ‘hrl’ … and a Dormus clip … and … !

Happy collecting, Peter

An inert British 2 Pounder Anti Aircraft round. The cases are everywhere in the UK but projectiles are very scarce.