INCREDIBLE, Sectioned Dutch 105mm HE Projectile

I was fortunate to have recently added this extremely stunning, Sectioned 105mm HE Projectile. It was acquired from the, Dutch War Museum, over 40 years ago when their Head Curator was changing up the museums displays. The workmanship is off the charts! Even the carpentry is insanely perfect! The round is embedded into a heavy block of teak wood. Even though it is not my primary collection focus of large bore APFSDS inert specimens, I could not resist it. It even has the fuze cover attached.

Jason

4 Likes

Great specimen Jason!

Why do you think itz is Dutch?

Did yo take it out of the wooden block and maybe photograph it??

1 Like

Actually, I committed a crime and totally, “ASSUMED,” it was, Dutch because it came from the, Dutch War Museum all those years ago. You know what they say about, assuming things, don’t! LOL. I did take it out and it was painted all yellow. No markings! Not sure if the yellow paint was original or something the craftsman did just to protect it? Posting pictures below for your review.

Jason

1 Like

Wow. That is beautiful.
Joel

1 Like

Jason, no worries! Let us see what we will find in the coming days.
Thank you for taking it out of the fixture!!!

2 Likes

That’s a very beautiful item you got there. Thanks for showing.

1 Like

Jason, thanks for sharing this. Really nice display!

1 Like

The mechanism looks like the same as the Dutch Schokbuis No30, but is doesn’t have a built-in booster.

1 Like

Jason, excellent find, thanks for sharing! Definitely Dutch, fuze is the No. 6 Model 1925.

Regards,

Fede

1 Like

THANK YOU , Fede! Awesome!

Jason

This was posted by, Greif, a, BOCN Member on that site that I thought was worth posting here.

He said, " These projectiles are truly very rare. It is the HE shell for the 10,5 cm How L/22 manufactured by Bofors, which were used by the Dutch Kolonial Army (KNIL)."

He was also kind enough to provide the bellow diagrams and photos;

4 Likes