Info about 37mm case

i have a short 37mm case as like the US WW1 37mm case but it is marked with WW11 markings like MK ect… i do not have it to take a picture as i am in TX for the next three weeks. any info about the use and projectile types used in it would be great. joe gate CWO4 RT

37x145r was used in m4 cannon.

If it’s similar to a short WW1 case then I assume that’s a 37x94R Hotchkiss type, as used in the M1916 trench gun.

This ammo was I believe used in sub-calibre training systems for some decades after it went out of front-line service.

any idea what the projectile type was ? it came with and WW1 style APHE base fuze projectile. any pictures would be great. no paint on the projectile so i would like to repaint. joe gatz

thanks M4 , interesting. the projectile it came with was a WW1 APHE with no base fuze and no paint. would like to repaint if correct projectile. thanks again. joe gatz

37x145r

Best thread on 37mm US ammo WW1 and 2

Specifically this picture:

looks like to got the sub cal round MKII, , projectile looks the same also. any idea what color or if the projectile was painted. do have a few of the M16 and M17 37mm rounds and the M4 aircraft rounds. at the time i am trying to clean up and paint the items that need it done. no heavy cleaning. i collect WW1 and WW11 items, a few of the newer aircraft rounds, i.e. A10 30mm. think that the US A10 cannon is one of the best designs for anti armor. i wonder if any country has made a VT fuzed 30mm. would think the way electronics are so small it could be done. joe gatz CWO4 RT

i wonder if any country has made a VT fuzed 30mm. would think the way electronics are so small it could be done

Not to my knowledge. I suspect that the problem is not so much miniaturising the fuze as the lack of effectiveness of a small 30mm shell exploding several feet away from the target. It’s usually much better to get the shells to penetrate the target before exploding inside it.