Info request : 9mm VECTOR illuminated trajectory ammunition

I´m looking for information on the 9mm VECTOR illuminated trajectory ammunition, it´s something like a daylight tracer. I would like to know wich type of tracer mixture is used.
Any information is very welcome, thanks in advance.

I’ll ask my rep at Hornady, may take a day or 2. …although someone here’s probably already typing the answer.

My knowledge of them is 1st hand end-use, 124gr 9mmP and 180gr .40SW if memory serves. Both become extremely unstable after the short tracer-burn; wild ricochets in low light. I never saw the utility in them, other than the ‘CDI’ factor. Unremarkable FMJ appearance; I’ll check and see if I have any left at home.

[quote=“Mwinter”]I’ll ask my rep at Hornady, may take a day or 2. …although someone here’s probably already typing the answer.

My knowledge of them is 1st hand end-use, 124gr 9mmP and 180gr .40SW if memory serves. Both become extremely unstable after the short tracer-burn; wild ricochets in low light. I never saw the utility in them, other than the ‘CDI’ factor. Unremarkable FMJ appearance; I’ll check and see if I have any left at home.[/quote]

Thanks Mwinter, I have in my colletion the 124gr 9mmP, FMJ, no other ID than the label the seller put on it, I agree with you that no other utily than the “CDI” factor, but it have at shirt distances a good feedback to correct your point of aim. Thanks again.
DGFM

The only calibers of Hornady Vector that I have found is 9x19mm 115gr FMJ-RN & 124gr FMJ-FP, 40 S&W 180gr FMJ-FP and 45ACP FMJ-FP (possibly 185gr or 200gr weight?).

Here’s a link to an IAA archived post on the Vector ammo and it’ll answer your question about the type of trace compound the Vector uses:

[Hornady Vector, a safe tracer round)