Interesting flobert ctges

the first one is a 9 mm with raised LF hstp, paper tube
(It means Lepage Freres)

the two other ones are more tricky
they are 6mm, with raised G hstp, paper tube
(it means Gevelot)
The one on the right is a standard one (conical rim, Flobert written in black on the tube)
The one on the left is not a standard one. Look at the rim which is thicker and not conical).
It could be for a special gun where the primer rim is knocked on the top and not on the back.

What do you think ?
JP

J-P,
I have a couple of the raised G examples with the hull marked both ‘FLOBERT’ and ‘FLOBERT BTE’.

I do enjoy ocassionally finding one of those early tapered base Floberts. I can offer nothing regarding the thicker ‘rim’ of the one cartridge, but I guess I need to go take a look through mine and see if I have a similar one.

[quote=“Guy Hildebrand”]J-P,
I have a couple of the raised G examples with the hull marked both ‘FLOBERT’ and ‘FLOBERT BTE’.

I do enjoy ocassionally finding one of those early tapered base Floberts. I can offer nothing regarding the thicker ‘rim’ of the one cartridge, but I guess I need to go take a look through mine and see if I have a similar one.[/quote]

hi Guy,
yes check your collection to see if you have a 6 or a 9 mm from gevelot with thick rimThey could be for a special a gun (i don’t remeber the name right now and i am not at home) nobody knows the ctge till now. guns are known but not the ctges
jp

J-P,
I don’t seem to have any of the thick rims like you show in your picture. Here are most of the Gevelot floberts I have, plus a GD with the thickest rim I have.

A couple of the headstamps are quite light; the first three are raised G, then a raised FQUE GEVELOT around a G, and GD. Note the marked hulls on the first two.

nice ctges, the white paper ones are dating from Fabrique Gevelot, it means before SFM

About the thick rim 6 mm I think it is for a GAUBERT gun
JP

J-P,
Do you have the years Fabrique Gevelot was in business?

[quote=“Guy Hildebrand”]J-P,
Do you have the years Fabrique Gevelot was in business?[/quote]
1820 till 1884
In 1884 sfm is born from the union of Fabrique Gevelot and Gaupillat
JP

Thanks, J-P!