Interesting web site

Here is an interesting Russian web site trizna.ru/. It has a multitude of photos, many showing salvaged WWII ammo. It is in Russian but just click on things which light up (which are usually the last word in photo caption, the word means “look here”).

Looks like great fun! Except for digging up 60+ year old landmines and body parts.

Interesting site. Very dedicated (amateur?) archaeologists. I just hope for their sakes all those grenades and artillery rounds are truly inert from age / environmental degradation! I sure wouldn’t wish to handle such, much less be mucking about with a shovel excavating same.

Clink, clink, clink, BOOM!

Your are allowing the word “" on the site ? This is a common pejorative used to refer to ORIENTALS as well as a slang reference to the ***** *****. "” - also a common vulgarity refering to ******.

I AM SHOCKED AND OFFENDED AT THIS LACK OF SENSITIVITY TO MULTICULTURALISM AND DIVERSITY AND THE USE OF COMMON VULGARITY ON A “PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL” BLOG.

STILL WAITING FOR YOUR POLITICAL CORRECTNESS WORD LIST.

I will not enter into any kind of discussion on absolutely ridiculous and bandwidth-consuming posts that serve no purpose other than to further a personal agenda.
If someone did not understand my original posting, let me clarify:

"In case there is any confusion,

The title of this thread is ironic, since the childish petulance displayed here from time to time is making this a most uninteresting web site. The point has been made - give it a rest - it is no longer amusing. These idiotic postings simply demean this Forum and the person posting them.

Webster’s Unabriged Dictionary:

Dink: Trim; neat; elegant. To deck (Scot). A small boat used in duck shooting (U.S. Local). To cut out with a die. To hit with a drop shot. Dinghy (by .shortening and alteration) 1903.

"Dink" is also a common onomatopoeia - a word that imitates a sound, as is "Bang."

Looks an interesting site but unfortuantly i don’t understand Russian.

But there ARE a number of translation tools on-line ( systransoft.com , etc.) that will give you a “quick and dirty” translation, at least good enough for you to pick up on things.

I just went through and opened everything. They do find some amazing things!

[quote=“JohnMoss”]The title of this thread is ironic, since the childish petulance displayed here from time to time is making this a most uninteresting web site. The point has been made - give it a rest - it is no longer amusing. These idiotic postings simply demean this Forum and the person posting them.

Webster’s Unabriged Dictionary:

Dink: Trim; neat; elegant. To deck (Scot). A small boat used in duck shooting (U.S. Local). To cut out with a die. To hit with a drop shot. Dinghy (by .shortening and alteration) 1903.

"Dink" is also a common onomatopoeia - a word that imitates a sound, as is "Bang."[/quote]

Lots of common words are offensive it seems and rhetorical myopea seems to be on the rise.

I have been convinced that political correctness and the policing of words is of MAJOR inportance here.

I assure you that the use of the word “dink” in certain parts of California and certainly the DC area will get one hurt if not killed with or without ones dictionary in hand for mitigations.

I find all of the opinions expressed to be of interest not just those which agree with mine.

Americans have the right to be wrong ( or right).

It is called “FREE SPEECH” and can be found in the constitution.

CARTRIDGES ARE NOT AS IMPORTANT AS FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

In fact for Americans they are tools of political power which have been used for a couple of hundred years to assure that RIGHT.

The 30-06s were the talons of the American eagle for more than 5 decades and secured basic human rights for hundreds of millions of people wordwide who were oppressed by tyrants and the enemies of FREE SPEECH.

Cartridges are TOOLS not VIRTUES.

[quote=“Jon C.”]I will not enter into any kind of discussion on absolutely ridiculous and bandwidth-consuming posts that serve no purpose other than to further a personal agenda.
If someone did not understand my original posting, let me clarify:

"In case there is any confusion,

Yes - but this Forum is about cartridges, not about virtues. I don’t need to read this forum to learn about virtues, including Freedom of Speech, thank you.

The easiest answer to this problem for me is to quit the use of this Forum. The Daily News is filled with the acrimony that is destroying our country - I don’t need a dose of it in our hobby, and I certainly don’t need a U.S. history lesson from anyone on this Forum . The daily news keeps me upset enough, at my age. It would be nice to have one avenue of escape from the politics, real and imagined.

Iconoclast or whoever has responsibilty for the job - kindly deregister me from this Forum effective ASAP. Thank you.

John, I’ll contact you privately, but I strongly urge you to reconsider.