Italian Translation Please

A gentleman on another site wants to take an Italian friend shooting, but he wants to be sure the friend understands “The 4 Rules of Shooting”. He has asked for a fluent translation of the following, and I know we have some active members here who do speak pretty good Italian.

1. Always treat all guns as if they were loaded.
  2. Never allow the muzzle to point at anything you don’t want holes in.
  3. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
  4. Know your target and what is beyond it.

Thanks in advance.

1- Tratta sempre tutte le armi come se fossero cariche
2- Non permettere mai alla volata di essere rivolta verso qualcosa in cui tu non ci voglia dei buchi
3- Tieni il tuo dito lontano dal grilletto fino a che non sei pronto per sparare
4- Conosci il tuo bersaglio e cosa ci sta dietro

Thank you!

I’m not fluent in any language other than English, but there are several internet translation websites, wherein if you enter a phrase or sentence in English, a translation to whatever language you specify pops up (or vice-versa). Google has one. I don’t know just how exact the translation is, probably not nearly as good as from a native speaker of that language would be, but I use that service occasionally for corresponding with non-English speakers (mainly Spanish). At least my main message seems to get through, and I can understand the main message from the reverse direction. It probably would not work well for idioms, slang, etc, so I avoid using those.

A reverse translation of Pivi’s translation from Google Translate (translate.google.com) is:

1. Tratta sempre tutte le armi come se fossero cariche = Always treat all guns as if they were charged

2. Non permettere mai alla volata di essere rivolta verso qualcosa in cui tu non ci voglia dei buchi = Never allow the muzzle to be facing something that you do not want holes

3. Tieni il tuo dito lontano dal grilletto fino a che non sei pronto per sparare = Keep your finger off the trigger until you’re ready to shoot

4. Conosci il tuo bersaglio e cosa ci sta dietro = Know your target and what lies behind

I think that’s pretty good rendition. Amazing what you can do on the internet.