Jamaican Warheads or MSM Should Learn Ammunition Terminology

This is a correction to a story originally published 29 NOV 2013:
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/correction-jamaica-warheads-seized-story-21064270

“Jamaican authorities seize 3,300 ‘warheads’ aboard ship.”

I probably have that many “warheads” stashed in coffee cans out in the garage. I wonder if I could get in trouble for the 880 Russian “Ballistic Missiles” (7.62x54R) that I just ordered. I am just glad that I don’t live in Jamaica! I hope the NSA doesn’t take this the wrong way…

Curt

I checked out the Al Jazeera version of the story on the advice of one of the commenters. It is pretty good.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2013/11/missile-warheads-seized-jamaica-201311308228606161.html

Curt

Here is one of the comments from the ABC article:

And it makes perfect sense that they are seeking assistance from “international agencies” after finding the materials to make 33 boxes of 9mm ammunition along with a reloader that can be purchased from virtually any sporting goods store in the US…

I used to shoot 33 boxes of .45 (that would be 1650 rounds if 50-round boxes) about every month and a half when I was NRA-Style target pistol shooting. Wow - what an arsenal. I’ll bet that quantity would scare the heck out of China’s multi-million man Army! :-) When I went to recreational shooting with a 9mm, I only shot about 300 rounds a month. We had shooters at our club that shot ten times as much as I did!

Do they still have the notorious kangaroo “Gun Courts” in Jamaica? That’s one (of several) reasons that i vowed to never even consider taking a vacation there.

Dennis - some years ago a friend of mine (actually, my boss at work) took a vacation trip to Jamaica. He was booked for a couple of weeks. He stayed one and a half days, paid extra to the airline for the short stay, and came home. Probably enough said. As far as I know, they still do have their gun courts, where you are guilty until proven innocent, and from what I hear, guilty even if you are proven innocent.