Japanese Grenade boxes

Does anyone know the type of box/ packing, Japanese Grenades came in type 97 and 99.

Their is a thread on Japanese ammunition by CSA that I think shows some grenade boxes?

I think ammo boxes for rifles are only shown. I can’t find any reference to any box used for these grenades. Someone said they came in a box a foot x foot square or they came in some flimsy card type carton that the bottoms of the grenade sat in, like a shallow tray with a banded lid similar holding them in. So with out reference to an expert on Japanese Grenades, i don’t know. All i am after is what the standard packing was for these grenades.

I have photos of these by the box and will post them if someone doesn’t beat me to it.

How are the pictures coming along.

Sorry, but low on my list of things to do. I will post when I turn them up if someone else doesn’t first.

I don’t think there’s going to be a mad rush for anyone else to post Japanese grenade boxes but when you have the time, i would appreciate seeing the photo’s.

Attention Japanese Collectors!
Does anyone know the type of box/ packing, Japanese Grenades came in, type 97 and 99.
I did see some boxes in the recent film ‘Letters from Iwo Jima’ not sure if they were authentic copies or made up. Some people are telling me that these boxes are a foot square, some say that they come in trays with a lid. In the film, these boxes are seen as a long flat box with the grenades laying on their sides packed in straw, about 12 "inches by 24"inches.
Are there any other links that may be able to help or reference in TMs or books.