Japanese T.Y.K. No. 30 Brass For Murata rifle, Pre-WW2 10 Round Packet

OK, I’m way out of my area of knowledge on this so keep that in mind as I ask the following questions.

Are these NPE shotshell cases? For a Murata rifle converted to a shotgun?

This packet is listed on the Yahoo auction site in Japan: ヤフオク! - 超デットストック 戦前のオリジナル村田銃用30...

The GOOGLE translation of the Japanese title for the auction to English is just understandable-

“Super dead stock No. 30 brass pharmaceutical pod for original Murata rifle before the war 10 shots with paper bag Unused item”

(# 超デットストック 戦前のオリジナル村田銃用30番真鍮製薬莢 紙袋付き10発 未使用品

匿名配送)

Photos from the auction page:

Please feel free to comment, add information or corrections!

Brian

2 Likes

This chart has been shown before but I had never seen the string-tied packets.

3 Likes

I understand the barrels were shot out & so converted. It sure would be nice to see the headstamp…
Packet new to me too, for whatever little use that is. But neat to see, thanks Brian

1 Like

Pete,

Thanks for the feedback and yes it is a shame the headstamp photo is blurry.

Brian

Brian, great packet, thanks for sharing. Headstamp of TYK manufacture is just Nº 30 at 9 and 3.

Regards,

Fede

1 Like

My 30 gauge shotgun with reloading supplies.

30 1

2 Likes

Fede & Bruce,

Great info and photos. Thank you both!

Brian

Dear PDGreen:

By any chance can you get a better photo of the headstamp. We may be able to tell you a bit more out the cases with that photo.

Frank

Unfortunately the answer is no as the photos shown above were posted by the seller of the packet on the Japanese auction website.

Brian

Thank you for the reply. I understand. It is wonderful box/packet for sure.

Frank

Francis C. Allan Lynn Anne Allan 20 Courtney Place Palm Coast, FL 32137 386-445-4225